Idea for hitman RP

So all of us know hitman RP is strictly a no-no. However I believe there should be a way for it to be allowed. At the black market add a hitman license that costs like 50k to purchase. The only way to contact a hitman is through the dark webs (there’s a phone app called DarkChat) the way the phone app works is a player can create their own “hashtag” persay, and the only way to contact a hitman is to have their “hashtag” in your phone. 

When Accepting a hit the Hitman MUST WEAR a certain outfit that would declare them as somebody out on a hit. This outfit would be widely known as a hitman outfit however the cops would have to act as if they didn’t know that’s what the outfit is for. 

When approaching the target they MUST kidnap the individual and tell them either why the hit was made or who made the hit during the time they are abducted. HITMAN CANNOT just kill and individual in a street without saying anything THEY MUST EXPLAIN. 

Now here comes the fun part. The Hitman License can either show up on the ID like the rest or make an inventory item that they MUST have on them when following through with the hit. When caught and arrested with the license in hand it gets revoked and you get charged for being a hitman and all that. At this point you have then lost your license and cannot complete any hits. 

And ofcourse this can abused but this is with a high hope of BLRP Whitelisting changing things ❤️

Edited by Ozzie Ozbourne
  • Like 4

We discussed this briefly in Discord last night. I don’t see any reason why we can’t allow hitman RP, but it would obviously need to be structured in a way that people aren’t getting RDMed. Your idea isn’t bad, but also seems almost a little too scripted for my taste.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, speed said:

We discussed this briefly in Discord last night. I don’t see any reason why we can’t allow hitman RP, but it would obviously need to be structured in a way that people aren’t getting RDMed. Your idea isn’t bad, but also seems almost a little too scripted for my taste.

too scripted in what way?

16 hours ago, Ozzie Ozbourne said:

When Accepting a hit the Hitman MUST WEAR a certain outfit that would declare them as somebody out on a hit. This outfit would be widely known as a hitman outfit however the cops would have to act as if they didn’t know that’s what the outfit is for. 

When approaching the target they MUST kidnap the individual and tell them either why the hit was made or who made the hit during the time they are abducted. HITMAN CANNOT just kill and individual in a street without saying anything THEY MUST EXPLAIN. 

All of this

9 hours ago, speed said:

This. I liked when you said that a hitman could say "[blank} sends their regards" or something like that - after all, a hitman IRL wouldn't explain why the person is being killed and such. I feel like a short line like that makes great RP for a hitman. 

6 hours ago, speed said:

All of this

So what do you have in mind? I only wanted the kidnapping to ensure the RP, we could it another way and have a droppable item that must be purchased from the black market and when you kill your target you have to drop that item on their body or something. That way when cops come up and they see the bag on the ground, they search it and see what’s inside and it’ll be something like “calling card” or “Contract” I dunno something to help declare it’s a hit so there’s less RDM complaints

Going into 2.0 I would imagine that the rules surrounding Hitman will be removed. I am just speculating (not speaking on behalf of staff's decision), nothing has been solidified yet, but the reason it was put in place was because people were not bringing any roleplay value with it. In 2.0, people are expected to meet a standard that allows us to be more lenient with rules. This may be one of them, imo.

Edited by Serena
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Serena said:

Going into 2.0 I would imagine that the rules surrounding Hitman will be removed. I am just speculating (not speaking on behalf of staff's decision), nothing has been solidified yet, but the reason it was put in place was because people were not bringing any roleplay value with it. In 2.0, people are expected to meet a standard that allows us to be more lenient with rules. This may be one of them, imo.

Yes, I can see the rules being removed to a certain degree, rather than changing anything mechanically, or implementing features that may lead towards scripted scenarios.

• Like 1

Personally I don't feel like RDM will be much of an issue with a white listed server. Ive been playing on badlands for near 2 years and I have never really had an issue with being random killed by anyone (I realise it does happen) but I imagine incidents are few and far between with white listing. I think with cool development into certain roles like hitmen people would rather RP the whole scenario than randomly go around killing people, maybe being able to leave a note at the scene would be a nice feature or something that indicates the contract was carried out.

As always lots of food for thought. 

Edited by Mr Chow

• 2 months later...

I have seen in other cities that just by sending the person you plan to kill a text that clearly states that you are going to kill them they look at that as you engaged the next time you see that player you can kill them. I would like this very much. it would create people to be after phone numbers of their enemies and people may be a little more secretive with their number.  would be fun.. :)

I don’t know the “Hitman” line is honestly just an excuse to be able to shoot more people, especially when players are the one putting out the hits. I also feel as there isn’t much role play with it because in real life you kinda just get taken out, causing attempts to rp it feel scripted. Though I know if it does get added we can trust that it will be implemented well.