Make News Great Again

Lately I've been doing the news job with @Gary Taint Winthorpe and we'd tweet out or place an ad out for people so we can hire Lighting People, Camera People, and Boom Mic People. So we'd have a full news team and before we were able to see when there would be robberies and the news team would report it for the city of Los Santos but recently there was an update where now civilians can't see the robbery in progress and I was wondering if it would be possible for it to when people are clocked in for the news that we would get alerted when there's robberies and thought it would also be a cool idea for when you clock on the news that you can at least get a little bit of a paycheck but obviously not make it to where we make too much but thought maybe $600 instead of us just getting our welfare checks that are $200.  

Thank you.

• Like 2

I thought of this a while ago, but saw it as another thing staff would have to monitor like we do with towtrucks. People could just clock on this to be alerted of robberies to somehow gain an advantage while doing illegal activities (know that police are occupied). 

Yes like I had stated before, that I completely agree with that and with that I thought that there could be a possibility of a journalism career license of some sorts that you'd have to purchase at the airport so if people do try to powergame and abuse what the job is actually meant for then that would be dealt with by staff. I just feel like it would be a great addition for the job since I barely see people ever do it and it would bring more roleplay. 

20 hours ago, Zoe | Brittany said:

Lately I've been doing the news job with @Gary Taint Winthorpe and we'd tweet out or place an ad out for people so we can hire Lighting People, Camera People, and Boom Mic People. So we'd have a full news team and before we were able to see when there would be robberies and the news team would report it for the city of Los Santos but recently there was an update where now civilians can't see the robbery in progress and I was wondering if it would be possible for it to when people are clocked in for the news that we would get alerted when there's robberies and thought it would also be a cool idea for when you clock on the news that you can at least get a little bit of a paycheck but obviously not make it to where we make too much but thought maybe $600 instead of us just getting our welfare checks that are $200.  

Thank you.

I'm fine with this from a civilian point but when I see people who are with "Weazel News" coming to the scene endangering themselves as the scene is still full in motion I refuse to think this should happen. News crews would be away from the situation until they have the full clear that it's over... Unless I see a change with people's behaviors when their lives could be at risk I will have to say a hard no to this. What I mean coming to the scene I mean people standing like 20 feet from the scene. Across the street doesn't mean away you're still in the area that a bullet could take someone's life. Heck IRL they'd use Choppers to report that type of news, better than standing across the street and refusing to move or being difficult when officers are telling them to move.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As far as a lawyer goes I feel that being able to send out a blast / new report the same way that LSPD/LSFD can would be nice. it would also be cool if a News reporter could have a working camera on a chopper would allow for better RP as they can follow and report in on active police chases and robberies. 

On 7/28/2019 at 8:11 PM, Serena said:

I thought of this a while ago, but saw it as another thing staff would have to monitor like we do with towtrucks. People could just clock on this to be alerted of robberies to somehow gain an advantage while doing illegal activities (know that police are occupied). 

As far as this with 2.0 if someone was found to do so then they should lose their white listing. News crews today use police scanners along with social media all the time to listen in for a good stories to follow up on.