Police Baiting Question

ImmortalGO

I was wondering if I could get some clarification on the police baiting rule.  I understand the rule as "don't intentionally antagonize police to chase you" like no ripping your car through the city for the sole purpose of starting a chase.  Is that a correct assumption?  If so, what if there is an RP reason to bait or otherwise preoccupy some police?  Is that allowed?  I just want to be sure I'm clear on the rules because I don't want to break any of them.  Thanks!

Cop baiting is a very broad term in my eyes, just don't get caught being a shitlord ya know? Like don't go to a cop and be like "Hey wanna race" then speed off.. things like that. I constantly mindlessly speed through the streets not knowing what to do then I get caught by a cop. It happens.. basically before I drift off don't be an asshat 

Yea, totally understand that.  I understand cop baiting as just causing general mayhem without any RP purpose in the actual city for the purpose of antagonizing police into a chase etc.  But if there is actually RP reasons to distract the police, is that fair?  Like if you are in a gang and you need the police to be distracted while other members of the gang execute a plan, for example?

3 hours ago, ImmortalGO said:

Yea, totally understand that.  I understand cop baiting as just causing general mayhem without any RP purpose in the actual city for the purpose of antagonizing police into a chase etc.  But if there is actually RP reasons to distract the police, is that fair?  Like if you are in a gang and you need the police to be distracted while other members of the gang execute a plan, for example?

just remember the gang rules.. 4 people at a time, if you're a distraction you would be considered involved.

5 hours ago, ImmortalGO said:

Like if you are in a gang and you need the police to be distracted while other members of the gang execute a plan, for example?

This is a slippery slope and in general I would advise you not to do this.

In theory, distracting police for the purpose of helping your group get away with a larger crime is totally fine. It’s the execution that makes all the difference. If your idea of distracting police is doing a burnout in front of them while they’re trying to talk to other players, you’ll likely end up banned. If it’s performing a robbery while your group tries to break San Andreas off from the rest of the country, that, in theory, would be okay.

Important thing is that whatever you’re doing has RP value and you’re within all other rules.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, speed said:

This is a slippery slope and in general I would advise you not to do this.

In theory, distracting police for the purpose of helping your group get away with a larger crime is totally fine. It’s the execution that makes all the difference. If your idea of distracting police is doing a burnout in front of them while they’re trying to talk to other players, you’ll likely end up banned. If it’s performing a robbery while your group tries to break San Andreas off from the rest of the country, that, in theory, would be okay.

Important thing is that whatever you’re doing has RP value and you’re within all other rules.

Thanks for the insight.  Our plan was more to distract police "fairly" as in not just going downtown and ramming cars or otherwise being annoying, then using that "fair" distraction while the other members execute the actual job.  There will only be 4 of us, and we all have a good understanding of the rules, so I don't think there would be any problems there.  We just weren't totally sure we understood this rule correctly, and like I said, we don't want assume one thing and get banned for breaking a rule, because we certainly don't intend to break any rules.

Would it be alright if I PM'd you the plan and you could just clarify if it's allowed or not?

Edited by ImmortalGO
clarification

As a member of the PD in my opinion cop baiting would mainly be if you see a cop and intentionally commit a crime right in front of them in order to get their attention. The big one in my opinion would be if you know your wanted and your constantly driving around MRPD or a police station to try and provoke them just to escape and do it over and over again.

• Thanks 1