Vehicle Handling Poll for 2.0

Osk

Change all vehicles handling back to default for 2.0?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, as the title states, I was thinking a lot of you may prefer the default handling of GTA for all of the vehicles as opposed to custom handling. Feel free to post your thoughts as well. Emergency vehicles would most likely just be based of any default GTA emergency vehicles already in place. For example the CVPI would be using the default police vehicle handling and so on. Keep in mind that the fastest vehicle in GTA by default is the Vigilante at 150mph and that's if it's boosted. Thank you.

Edited by Osk

Hey Osk, I don't have an issue with the handling of the vehicles, and in fact I like how most of the handling is done with the exception that , (and this is just personal opinion) that a lot of vehicles don't turn appropriately , but that's just me. I'd personally like to see vehicles speed's increased on pretty much all cars, haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

The only handling thing a would want changed is some of the "off roading" characteristics. I think a vehicle completely loosing all steering if one front wheel is slightly off the ground or on a small object (i could be wrong about how this happens but thats what it feels like) is a little frustrating. Not sure if this is something that is even possible to be tweaked but thats the only thing i have a real issue with. 

4 hours ago, Richie said:

The only handling thing a would want changed is some of the "off roading" characteristics. I think a vehicle completely loosing all steering if one front wheel is slightly off the ground or on a small object (i could be wrong about how this happens but thats what it feels like) is a little frustrating. Not sure if this is something that is even possible to be tweaked but thats the only thing i have a real issue with. 

It's definitely possible.

• Like 1

I think we should stick to the custom handling. The handling of the cars in Badlands is very unique and something I haven’t come across on any other server.

Sure, there are some cars that need tweaking. But overall the driving is realistic and challenging, which helps greatly with immersion and keeps it fun!

The only vehicle I’d change would be the charger instead of wheel spin/ low end acceleration.

• Like 2

Cars can be as fast as you want, I'm more concerned with the penelty for crashing being just as fast.

There have been some great advances in car crashes on badlands, even with a seatbelt on. 

Injuries, death, lose of driver license, car gets totaled and can't be fixed so your out whatever it cost, so on.....

If someone wants to spend a shit ton of money on a car, they should have to act like they give a shit about it. 

Everyone driving thier own car like they stole it...... I hope that is not allowed in 2.0 

Edited by Merr Khan

5 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

Cars can be as fast as you want, I'm more concerned with the penelty for crashing being just as fast.

There have been some great advances in car crashes on badlands, even with a seatbelt on. 

Injuries, death, lose of driver license, car gets totaled and can't be fixed so your out whatever it cost, so on.....

If someone wants to spend a shit ton of money on a car, they should have to act like they give a shit about it. 

Everyone driving thier own car like they stole it...... I hope that is not allowed in 2.0 

I blame turbo for that honestly. Like i started driving the Baller LE from SUV's, No turbo. Only time iv busted my windows is when a local hits me on the side/back or im off-roading and i hit a ridge that busts my front windows and lights. I feel the over-acceleration is too unpredictable and just busts up cars more.

7 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

Everyone driving their own car like they stole it...... I hope that is not allowed in 2.0 

Ive been thinking about that recently and have been trying to improve it, though I dont think we should force it on people (to a degree, would say ban dumb ass stunts that lead to inevitable death, paralysis, etc) but instead leave it up to the general population to adapt overtime or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Oscar Wilde

9 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

1 hour ago, Oscar Wilde said:

Ive been thinking about that recently and have been trying to improve it, though I dont think we should force it on people (to a degree, would say ban dumb ass stunts that lead to inevitable death, paralysis, etc) but instead leave it up to the general population to adapt overtime or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obnoxious/Extremely unrealistic driving will not be allowed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, speed said:

Obnoxious/Extremely unrealistic driving will not be allowed.

Will this be dependent on the type of vehicle? Generally I prefer off road vehicles such as the free crawler, because of this there’s a few jumps around the map I’ll try and position myself for if get in a police chase. (Obviously not the giant jumps like near the airport or off the free way on ramp into the canals)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richie said:

Will this be dependent on the type of vehicle? Generally I prefer off road vehicles such as the free crawler, because of this there’s a few jumps around the map I’ll try and position myself for if get in a police chase. (Obviously not the giant jumps like near the airport or off the free way on ramp into the canals)

I second this, my rule of thumb if its bigger than 1.5x's the size of my vehicle I don't take the jump on my Truck as Cleetus, If I do take a jump and land funny Ill Shut off my car and turn it back on to stimulate engine problems

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with most of the above, I would say that a lot of vehicles seem overly nerfed especially when it comes to "off road" vehicles for example the 6x6 should probably have some of the best traction and ability in off-road driving simply due to grip and traction of 6 wheels all being locked in, Yet I find my rumpo, offroad's better and is more capable of stopping sliding etc part of that I think is actually due to the brakes and not the other performance stat's but it would be nice to see off-road vehicles with more "low end torque" which I would assume the only way to do would be increasing the acceleration, if it was possible to give them more acceleration say from 0-60 but after that it uses whatever is in place now they would be more fun, but at least better brakes lol, I mostly use my off-road vehicles for recreation, and on occasion doing things like the engineering job, and it would be nice if I didn't slide down things I should easily be able to at least stop on or climb,

Another thing I considered going into 2.0 and was thinking about making  a post on.... Is possibly implementing more recovery options, For example my 6x6 has a winch on the front, but even disregarding that, maybe just a way to use another vehicle to recover a flipped or stuck vehicle aside from calling tow which is still sorta broken so we rarely have tow available... maybe tow behind cars, or if we really wanna get fancy some of the larger helicopters could lift things a little, Obviously not carry them all around the map or anything but would add to some peoples RP. Like the other Craig who does S&R, More ways to help people would be a boon

• Like 1