Does this server have Steering Wheel support?

IKyriousI

On 9/26/2021 at 4:12 AM, MJ High said:

I don't believe it is currently a thing. 

I did more research, it's a client side mod. So is client enabled scripts available on this server, does it use scripthook? Because two of my brothers play this server, I'm only interested in servers that let me immerse myself with the wheel.

Edited by IKyriousI

The short answer here is no, the only input that is officially supported is m/kb. That being said a few people use controller and certain things work well enough that they can figure it out, could be the same with wheel and pedals. Using a client sided script maybe get you flagged and banned by the mod bot for scripting. Since the server was created there has never been an official support for any input rather then m/kb so I doubt they would look too deeply into w/p support either.

10 hours ago, Nikki Delores said:

It's always something that could be added, if suggested! I was thinking about the same a while back as I have a MadCat Steering Wheel meant for racing games, would be nice to see.

I think it'd be a lot of fun and great for immersion to have the manual transmission mod. Driving overall would be fun regardless of what task you're doing from delivery, to police patrol, to a racing scene. 

I also added a post to suggestions, so hopefully it can become a thing on this server and I can have fun with my brothers, and cousin. 

Edited by IKyriousI
Just an addition to the post

• 1 year later...

This is an old post but I'm stuck at the airport...

Related, but not the same.  I have a broken shoulder (recovering from surgery now) and am very controller dependent - if someone had figured out how to set up their controller well, I would be interested in knowing more.

Having a handicap w/ reaching for the keyboard creates some RP scenarios... 

I can definitely tell KB users when driving on the hwy... they kind of act like drivers that are using their cellphones IRL (jerky movements, etc.).

On 12/13/2022 at 2:06 AM, Jon Heron said:

This is an old post but I'm stuck at the airport...

Related, but not the same.  I have a broken shoulder (recovering from surgery now) and am very controller dependent - if someone had figured out how to set up their controller well, I would be interested in knowing more.

Having a handicap w/ reaching for the keyboard creates some RP scenarios... 

I can definitely tell KB users when driving on the hwy... they kind of act like drivers that are using their cellphones IRL (jerky movements, etc.).

You can use a controller for things like driving a car up to a certain level, but the server is not optimised for controllers, it's unfortunate, but you may have to sit the broken shoulder out until you're able to play again.