Drugs is really just players exploiting players

Trovaughn Otto

I am so sick and tired of badlands drug making everyone is just exploiting people it doesn't help new players in anyway I have to pay 75k for each ingredient and 150k for the processor all the money making in badlands is just players exploiting to make money thats how you make money in this server and its frustrating and annoying how do I even make that money without knowing anything seriously I'm talking and asking every person in the city its fucking annoying

8 hours ago, Trovaughn Otto said:

I am so sick and tired of badlands drug making everyone is just exploiting people it doesn't help new players in anyway I have to pay 75k for each ingredient and 150k for the processor all the money making in badlands is just players exploiting to make money thats how you make money in this server and its frustrating and annoying how do I even make that money without knowing anything seriously I'm talking and asking every person in the city its fucking annoying

There are so many ways to make money other than drugs btw. I'm very comfortable financially and have never consistently engaged in the drug trade.
Drugs manufacturing is supposed to be a closely guarded secret that is earned through rp. Develop relationships and follow the rabbit towards the rabbit hole that is your desired goal. Just asking and not building reputation and relationships shouldn't, alone, earn you the right to know these things.

• Like 8

On 4/15/2022 at 2:42 AM, Trovaughn Otto said:

I’ve personally have never sold a drug location, the risk of it getting raided and cutting the supply is too great for anyone. Almost all of them I found myself and the rest I found through various means(like watching Vans in the desert.) I enjoy stumbling upon a lab or trading the info. 

I don’t think there’s any fix for it unless drugs get moved to Gang specific labs and they can only sell the drugs to other players. However I don’t see the current system as a problem.

• Like 1

Drugs arent supposed to be handed to you, they're extremely hidden for a reason , you shouldn't be able to just walk into the city, and start making heroin / coke / mdma. for that reason if you're getting charged those prices, take it or leave it. Regardless, i dont think you should be able to pay for the locations people spend weeks / months looking for, if i could set a price for labs, it'd cost you more than a supercar... due to the risk of someone snitching and cutting the supply of drugs off for everyone and anyone who knew of that lab... but thats just my 2 cents on it

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 2:42 AM, Trovaughn Otto said:

You are 100% right people do exploit selling locations but that's simply because they can, because they know people will pay these prices (which if I might comment on are really cheap).And I assure you there is countless ways to make money in this server without having to pay anyone anything to do so. First off anyone in the city caught selling information normally gets run down and shot if not worse so them 'exploiting' puts a target on their own head at the risk of selling information for money. Secondly these locations are priceless the only price tag associated with these locations are what you choose to give them/are willing to pay for them, I can tell you comfortably you will never have to pay for a location in this city you can always find them, they maybe hidden but always able to be found. That said new players when they fly in shouldn't be able to just ask and be told where to go and what to make, If you ask me the structure the server has built around the criminal life is amazing most servers you fly in and within a day or two you're making anything you could want but not here this makes it so there really isn't an 'endgame' things are always being added, raided or changed and helps to promote the RP base opposed to hard grinding for cash some people prefer and sometimes it's needed but currently I'd say its fine as is 'exploits' and all. I encourage you to take the time to get to know the city, explore it learn the streets and most of all meet/talk to people, opposed to just asking people for drugs. ( I find nothing worse then when I'm working or talking to people and someone walks up to me that I've never met and goes, "You know where I can get Ephedrine?") I promise you when you find your first location it's gonna feel so rewarding! 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 11:42 PM, Trovaughn Otto said:

I've been part of this community for about a year now, and I can tell you 100% that the drug trade RP is a very well built system for new and old players alike. Someone new that flys in looking for locations or information usually isn't handed that stuff on a golden platter. It's really not logical if you think about it, for someone new in the criminal underworld, with no reputation, no rapport with other crims, gangs, or organizations, to get information solely based on the fact that said new person is also a criminal. Expand your RP, and give a reason for someone to give you these locations. Go out and meet people, talk to them, and form relationships. Don't just use em for a spot or information and then drop em. Otherwise, you might just continue to get "exploited" by crims and gangs alike, cause you're just 'looking out for yourself'. It took me upwards of 2-3 months of solid grinding, meeting people, talking, and looking for things, to get a footing in the drug trade with my main character that I RP as. But once you've gotten your character to that point, it'll feel very rewarding, and at the same time, you'll have made friends and business contacts along the way. I could be VERY wrong, as this is just my experience and my opinion, but it's just how I feel. Good luck, and have fun on your Badlands journey. Fair winds and fair seas!

-Rusty

• Like 1