Getting people to leave Downbad and not use it as a hangout.

Nataree

I have noticed everytime I go to Downbad the people that are loitering there are extremely disruptive and disrespectful to new players that join the server. They also cause a lot of problems, shooting people who are clearly brand new down over silly things like one punch and just being way too chaotic and overwhelming for newbies IMO. I think something needs to be done about it being a hangout spot, there are way better places to go hangout and spread out. 

Standing outside Downbad and twerking, being stupid and threatening your friends isn't RP. 

• Like 6

I can agree and disagree to this post... When I was a new person to badlandsrp back in early 2017. I couldn't stand people being in legion sqaure. But as I got more and more into it. It became a place to unwind from long days of rp and a place to just sit and talk. (Still keeping it in character). Now Down Bad is an area that has taken the role of legion square. I would like to see maybe a change to somethings regarding that at Down Bad like Ex: Make Down Bad Apts a Green Zone. allow people to rp there and get on their feet to meet people and learn the mechanics of badlands.

I don’t have a problem with people hanging out and acting a little stupid with their friends, people do that IRL so I don’t see a prob doing it in RP. Although if people are being disruptive to other players then that’s not really ok and should be reported. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richie Jax said:

I don’t have a problem with people hanging out and acting a little stupid with their friends, people do that IRL so I don’t see a prob doing it in RP. Although if people are being disruptive to other players then that’s not really ok and should be reported. 

I've said this before when the whitelist city discussion came up...I really like the variety of new players being non-whitelisted brings. Sure there are some that can cause problems and be rather toxic, but this does keep thing from becoming stale and bland. Before Mumble it was less spicy because of the TS mountain few were willing to traverse. Post Mumble and we have spiciness abound...not always pleasant, but it keeps you on your toes!

• Like 4

I've generally noticed the same but I don't completely agree that it's always disruptive. I've made great friends and it's nice to occasionally meet the newer folks in the city. Would be really great if people used it more like a green zone but unfortunately I don't see that happening. I'd recommend that the new players actually spawn at the airport with basic essentials like a phone and some money with which they'd be able to call a taxi. This would enable more RP and get the newer folks have some interaction with decent people and eliminate any initial doubts they'd have as they start out.

• Like 1

I can agree that sometimes Downbad can be a bit disruptive. Other times it is not. Like said above its a great place to meet some new people, hell I've met some great people in the parking lot of downbad. I do for agree that downbad should be a green zone honestly. You gotta think, most of the population is either coming out from flying in and trying to figure out what to do in the city before setting out. Or, they and getting ready to fly out and wanna unwind before flying out. So I for sure think it should be made a green zone. 

• Like 3