Modification to prison sentences

Skolly717

I propose a system where repeat offenders become eligible for a special “Modifier” to their term if they are caught so many times in a calendar month. Starting the first of the month, crim x has 9 felony arrests/sentences, he gets 10 in that month officers/GTF can apply to the District attorney to issue a warrant under the “Repeat Offenders Law” that would provide for an extra sentence. A rather lengthy sentence… it doesn’t have to be 10 arrests, could be 15 or 20. But this could allow officers the chance to hunt fugitives. Criminals wouldn’t have to be notified of the warrant. This will do two things… provide more RP for LEOs and in prison as well as make criminals think more about crimes. I feel there’s not enough fear of doing a 3 and a half hour sentence and people will continue to commit crimes with no regard once they know they’re at that threshold. It there is a fear of an additional 210 added after they server their first people may think smarter. I also think the amount of time we lose when logged out could be adjusted. I just log out for a while if I’m doing 210, I know other people do as well, so are we really serving time? 

• Like 1

I can agree with that. It’s in no way meant to be a punishment, just a deterrent and a little more risk to the people who grind banks and fire shots on every drug call. In my opinion, if you are catching 20+ felonies every month, your plans are terrible, or your just trying to gunfight your way out of everything. 

Just an idea, but maybe instead of being “FREE” after you serve your time, you go onto probation.

Say you get caught once, you do your time. Then if you get caught in the SAME day, you get added like an extra 25 months on the end of the charges. So instead of it maxing out at 210, you do 235 potential. 

Then every-time you get caught that day it adds another 25 on or something? 

Also another thing to add, maybe start putting warrants on cars? Think it’ll encourage people to find out different things they can do to protect there cars from being caught. Because I won’t lie, I used the same car all day and it only got a 3 hour impound.

I could see that being cool, I just want to see less craziness without consequence. I personally hate sitting in jail for 210, and I would be far more selective about my crimes if I was facing a repeat modifier/Gang enhancement. Something else I think should be in is a gang enhancement. Commission of crimes in furtherance of gang profit should be a modifier to charges adding time. Not for robbing banks as a crew but for gang related shootouts after intel has been gathered. And people arrested in gang investigations and such. Would make gangs make smarter choices as well, 

On 8/6/2022 at 3:04 AM, Skolly717 said:

Commission of crimes in furtherance of gang profit should be a modifier to charges adding time. Not for robbing banks as a crew but for gang related shootouts after intel has been gathered. And people arrested in gang investigations and such. Would make gangs make smarter choices as well, 

On this note I'd go the 'detective' route and build a case. Instead of a modifier for each crime for each member maybe a LEO could start building a case with DOJ. Document known affiliates, activities, arrests, etc. Stake outs, int gathering... Then at a certain threshold (not sure what this threshold would be or look like) nail the whole gang with some form of RICO. It would take a keen cop and prosecutor willing to do the legwork and develop a case worth bringing to a judge... but that would be some good RP for all involved vs the simpler "lets just add more jail time".

I’m all for detective RP, but wars are so common now I don’t think there is enough resources for the right people to investigate. Not once was I questioned in any war we ever had. Or for any other crimes, it’s always been arrest who’s down and take their guns and send them off for 15. If everyone downed got full amount of time wars would be slower paced for sure which solves two problems… 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, Skolly717 said:

I’m all for detective RP, but wars are so common now I don’t think there is enough resources for the right people to investigate. Not once was I questioned in any war we ever had. Or for any other crimes, it’s always been arrest who’s down and take their guns and send them off for 15. If everyone downed got full amount of time wars would be slower paced for sure which solves two problems… 

I hear ya. It just seems that wherever you go ppl push for more time / fines. This approach totally killed a RedM server I was on. Jail time was already extended a while back and I think adding more time will do nothing to promote better RP. In fact, as I have witnessed elsewhere, it breeds poor RP. "Well, already going to jail for max, might as well shoot and try to get away"... even if the scenario doesn't call for it. I know there is a Gang Task Force somewhere here, but as you said... no questioning, no investigation. I get it that cops are super busy and not all like the slower paced investigative / paperwork / evidence gathering route... but all we need is at least one... and a good ADA / DA whos willing to put in the time. I mean... when was the last big court case???? If FDF, the Cartel, or any one of those gangs got nailed the courtroom would be packed! It would be super interesting and great RP. Also... cases like this... DA / Judge can impose harsher fines/ time. So yeah, I'd say leave it to RP, just hope there are a few who'd just go for it.