Drug availability in Paleto

Noble

So we used to be able to sell drugs to the locals up there but it was removed for a reason of which I still to this day do not know.

I can see a benefit to it being removed, but also I see more reasons as to why it should still be possible. It would give the crew up there (Lost MC) More reason to hold the town even more, truly holding down their turf, would also give them more reason to patrol and check that people are not doing stuff such as selling to the locals up there, or even tax them if it comes to it. I just see it as a kind of weird reason not to be allowed.

Hell it would even give cops more of a reason to both stay in Paleto or around and even come up there. Cause as of right now. The only reason any LEO would come to Paleto is for when the bank is robbed. It just doesn't add much for the people who actually RP and hang out in the town.

Idk, what I'm trying to say is that we would like more to do up there than sit at a mechanic shop, when we had the option to sell drugs up there we checked all people who seemed sketchy, caught people selling drugs and took care of them. Something that really set the tone for what the MC was about. Holding down their area and keeping that market off the hands of people.

• Like 3

Im all for it, I also would like to develop Paleto more as well so there is more up there because the last time the main issue is we were the only ones up there so cops are never around. I would like to start developing Blaine county as a whole really i think its a little under utilized atm.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marchello said:

I think you have a good point. I’m not sure why it was switched, rp wise I also feel like it would give would give a good spread of individuals. Not everyone’s piled up in the city. Plus more opportunities if you choose to live out there. 

Exactly man. Also gives the people living out there more to do as a whole. A market to control etc.

2 hours ago, Noble said:

So we used to be able to sell drugs to the locals up there but it was removed for a reason of which I still to this day do not know.

I can see a benefit to it being removed, but also I see more reasons as to why it should still be possible. It would give the crew up there (Lost MC) More reason to hold the town even more, truly holding down their turf, would also give them more reason to patrol and check that people are not doing stuff such as selling to the locals up there, or even tax them if it comes to it. I just see it as a kind of weird reason not to be allowed.

Hell it would even give cops more of a reason to both stay in Paleto or around and even come up there. Cause as of right now. The only reason any LEO would come to Paleto is for when the bank is robbed. It just doesn't add much for the people who actually RP and hang out in the town.

Idk, what I'm trying to say is that we would like more to do up there than sit at a mechanic shop, when we had the option to sell drugs up there we checked all people who seemed sketchy, caught people selling drugs and took care of them. Something that really set the tone for what the MC was about. Holding down their area and keeping that market off the hands of people.

Paleto, and Vespucci Pier were both taken out effectively to stop Nasty Smelly grinders, as much as you can see an opportunity here to “roleplay” as much as you may want it to be it’s just gonna be people selling drugs for hours in Paleto without no consequences or so they think we still have this problem with grinders who will rob stores in the heart of Paleto expecting nobody to show up, and most of time that’s true.

Unfortunately people have a hard time accumulating more then 3 brain cells and being creative, so even with what you may have stated above I still feel there is no actually good reason to reimplement the ability to slang drugs in Paleto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Dorie said:

Paleto, and Vespucci Pier were both taken out effectively to stop Nasty Smelly grinders, as much as you can see an opportunity here to “roleplay” as much as you may want it to be it’s just gonna be people selling drugs for hours in Paleto without no consequences or so they think we still have this problem with grinders who will rob stores in the heart of Paleto expecting nobody to show up, and most of time that’s true.

Unfortunately people have a hard time accumulating more then 3 brain cells and being creative, so even with what you may have stated above I still feel there is no actually good reason to reimplement the ability to slang drugs in Paleto.

+1 as much as some would see it as a boon to their area the simple fact is that more people have and will take advantage of it which is unfortunate but is part of our ebb and flow. 

Im for bringing drug sales back to both locations as I had great RP hunting people down in both, especially the people that actually wanted to RP and not just to grind. As far as people using it just to grind? Who cares? There’s always gonna be some grind somewhere or another, it doesn’t really affect anyone who doesn’t grind negatively and from what I seen the grinders usually get burnt out and disappear anyways. This opinion is from someone who was previous senior staff in both bcso and lspd and have been playing crim and cop since 2017. 

• Like 1

It's a public server. With that there will always be grinders, hell even in whitelisted ones there will always be grinders. Jax has a good point where most of the grinders usually never show face unless they intend to stay at which point they then get burned out and do shit with their hard grinded money. It's a cycle that will never stop.

Still don't see it as a reason to effectively stop Paleto from being a location at which you could sell drugs. If cops have enough around to be 3 to a single drug sale in the city, they certainly can spare more people to go up North and catch people up there doing it. At the end of the day I am just hearing it as "We do not wanna drive up there to deal with it, so now you can't do it at all." Idk if that's just me.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:27 AM, John Dorie said:

I feel like having the opportunity to rob stores and sell drugs in paleto allows the mc and the people living in paleto to defend their town from people trying to take advantage of it

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I feel like having the opportunity to rob stores and sell drugs in paleto allows the mc and the people living in paleto to defend their town from people trying to take advantage of it

Pretty sure we really can't interfere with bank/store robberies as a whole. And we already can't sell drugs up there anymore cause before we could and we did defend it, making sure only certain people ran that market.

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

Sure, its possible but what are chances you aren't gonna just run into a grinder that just that wants to be left alone, and just sell drugs for 2 hours.

5 hours ago, John Dorie said:

Sure, its possible but what are chances you aren't gonna just run into a grinder that just that wants to be left alone, and just sell drugs for 2 hours.

And you don't get those in the city? You 100% do. So why can they sell their drugs in the city but we can't in Paleto? 

+1... 100% agree with drugs back in Paleto... I dunno what the fuss is about grinders, who cares... Either the cops will get em or the Lost might tax em if they so chose. Same stuff happens in city and I hear nothing about that. How often do you see BCSO riding in the city with LSPD... All the time cuz there's nothing much for them to do outside the city. Why let a few grinders ruin the RP that could be had? The only complaints I see here are from cops and my guess is they simply don't want to drive the 3min it takes them to get there. 

On 9/19/2022 at 2:27 AM, John Dorie said:

So let a couple shitheads that put little effort ruin it for all?... I also see a lot of shit RP from cops so how about we 'cancel' them lol.

14 hours ago, John Dorie said:

Again, who cares? If they get caught and bring shitty RP I can almost guarantee you they'll get 'sorted' eventually. Not a great reason to deny Paleto as a whole a great opportunity. 

• Like 1

I think the saddest part about this whole post in the divide that has to be made from crim and cop, As if the 2 just can't see points from the other side. Grinder's ruin server's, that's for both sides. Along with that, idk any gang that has taxed something and hasn't gotten complained about. I do not think the issue is police driving to paleto. The biggest issue is dealing with the people who don't wanna interact or RP with anyone. Selling drugs doesn't have a lot of RP involved anyway, unless you can find someone that interacts and has convo's with locales, which is rare.

16 hours ago, Matttheman said:

I think the saddest part about this whole post in the divide that has to be made from crim and cop, As if the 2 just can't see points from the other side. Grinder's ruin server's, that's for both sides. Along with that, idk any gang that has taxed something and hasn't gotten complained about. I do not think the issue is police driving to paleto. The biggest issue is dealing with the people who don't wanna interact or RP with anyone. Selling drugs doesn't have a lot of RP involved anyway, unless you can find someone that interacts and has convo's with locales, which is rare.

the biggest issue for the Lost is it cuts an entire criminal group from an activity they enjoy doing for the Criminal RP, Because for an established crew there is no where to sell that someone else isnt already running. For us to sell drugs people basically want to declare war which means our group is SoL. Like drugs may not be the best money, yes there are far better ways to grind *Cough* Hunting and Trucking *Cough* but we as a group dont like doing that because it does not make sense for a criminal group to be making all their money off trucking routes. Its rough because we had people complain we were too hard on people selling in Paleto, but then others saying we were not hard enough. Ultimately im pretty sure the club was basically the only ones selling up north because the locals were so fucked that if you had people standing at the shop they wouldnt by your shit. also taxing is only an issue when people start taxing established groups. No one gives a flying fuck if you tax randoms. The whole point in joining a crew is to have those benefits

Edited by Atryus

On 9/23/2022 at 5:38 PM, John Dorie said:

Beautiful thing about people who want to be left alone and not play ball is we can and do take the ball from them. no issues with grinders but if your not willing to respect the rp that happens in a crews location your just going to get your shit robbed 24/7. Most gangs had issues with grinders constantly driving trucks by their spots going 100+ mph and causing traffic issues, and in our case our gas station would explode randomly. That stopped when it became very clear they can either slow down or spend time in the hospital and look for a new truck. Pretty much every crew had the same talk with them.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:27 AM, John Dorie said:

tbh i dont get why you think there's no consequences when selling drug in paleto if police showed up am sure there's consequences but when we used to sell drugs there cops just drive by and say stop selling drugs then drive of it's a 2 way start tbh and for the lost mc they stop anyone who attempt to sell in paleto even when they can't it creates rp and am sure as shit when i sell drugs i have random conversion with local or try make up some bs story for the cops as well in all honest it would be fun having back but with some cops pressing us about it not just driving by saying to stop

If grinding and jobs you can do with little RP is the main issue then we can get rid of aspects of trucking, hunting, go postal, trash pickup, scuba, engineering, delivery, metal processing, etc. I don’t agree with “grinders ruin servers” no matter what is done or changed besides changing the economy entirely there will always be some form of grinding and there will always be people doing it. Removing things, especially those that have a potential of providing RP removed that potential entirely just to try and fight a loosing battle 

• Like 3