Hunting Feedback

kiko

As an avid hunter myself, I have a few suggestions that could help the hunting community.

During peak hours, the hunting grounds are packed with groups of hunting parties, which is fine because they are fun and good money, but seeing 5 sports cars going up and down the hills ruins the RP experience for hunting. Here are some things that could help bring balance back to the hunting grounds:

1) Solo hunting - To facilitate more hunting in the city I think we should reward solo hunters with more boars per bait compared to group hunters. In real life you want less people and more quietness to attract wild animals, so this would help make it more realistic. I don't think we should reduce the amount of boars for group hunters, keep that the same... it's a good way to meet new people on the hunting grounds and group up. I'm saying if you solo hunt, maybe just add 1 or 2 more boars per bait to give people incentive to hunt by themselves.

2) Vehicles - this will probably be more controversial, but I was thinking of ways to penalize non-offroad vehicles. Due to their loud engines and exhausts, I think if sports cars get in close proximity to an animal they run scared from the noise. It doesn't seem right seeing sports cars just driving in circles on steep inclines on a hill, stopping in front of a boar, killing, then hopping back in and driving around more. Having them run off when near would help reduce that and incentivize people to buy actual off-road vehicles. 

Edit:
Alternative thought to vehicles: Maybe if you sit still in a vehicle or on feet, the boars will walk towards your bait direction out into the open. If you are driving around in a vehicle making noise, the boars will walk in another direction.

Edited by kiko
Additional thought

here is the thing from my side, and people are going to hate me. Hunting is one of the jobs that threw the economy into a tail spin. At inception it was broken and made people multi millionaires over night, since then the staff have done a lot to try balance it, and just recently i feel like they are hitting points of making it balanced. Hunting is a standard job anyone can do, but yet is the best paying job in the city with almost 0 risk. IMO from an RP stance it makes no sense to me how hunters are richer than criminals, and even less sense that some criminals have to hunt just to make money. (If you don't know, hunting is better money than robbing a fleeca with 0 risk involved)

Because of this, adding a buff to hunting is imo counter productive, I feel like there should be other legal and illegal jobs that should get a buff and rework before hunting. The main issue with hunting and how it breaks the economy has been brought up a million times and the main point is this, Its not just hunting, its any job that can be a grind 24/7. there is no limit to how much you can do these jobs and as such people will do them literally all day back to back. This in a way goes against the spirit of the job which is meant as a fun side thing that makes money.

The fact you are saying there are still hunting parties at peak hours is a testament to this. Do I feel hunting should be removed? no, but another job that used to make mad amounts of money was food deliveries which was killed to the point no one does it anymore, and that job made far less per hour than hunting yet people still went out grinding that job 24/7. Personally I feel due to the hunting party issue Bait as a whole should give Less animals. but people would shoot me with the hunting rifle for saying that.

• Like 2

Yeah, I totally get your point of view and agree with you.  My pitch was not necessarily to buff hunting, but more to balance solo hunters vs group hunters. There's just too many groups riding up running around the mountains in sports cars then dipping out after making a quick buck. I don't think it should be nerfed as it'll kill the hunting community, but I think there should be a rework to help incentivize solo hunting as well as reduce the amount of vehicles you'd never see on a real hunting grounds climbing up mountains. To prevent a 24/7 grind - we already have hunting hours in place. You can significantly reduce the amount of animals that come out during off hours to slow down the 24/7 grind. The off hours can be for the "nocturnal" animals 😏

Edited by kiko

On 10/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, kiko said:

Vehicles - this will probably be more controversial, but I was thinking of ways to penalize non-offroad vehicles. Due to their loud engines and exhausts, I think if sports cars get in close proximity to an animal they run scared from the noise. It doesn't seem right seeing sports cars just driving in circles on steep inclines on a hill, stopping in front of a boar, killing, then hopping back in and driving around more. Having them run off when near would help reduce that and incentivize people to buy actual off-road vehicles. 

Call the police please, offroading in these types of vehicles is illegal. 

I agree with atryus. 

There is already a lack of legal jobs people can do together. You have garbage, hunting, fishing and wine that can be done together and also alone (may have missed one?). Rewarding people going out to do something alone on an RP server is counter intuitive and counter productive for roleplay.

I would rather see effort put into new legal jobs that require groups to work together than see the devs trying to work out ways to allow people to separate themselves from RP.

18 minutes ago, darncomputer said:

I agree with atryus. 

There is already a lack of legal jobs people can do together. You have garbage, hunting, fishing and wine that can be done together and also alone (may have missed one?). Rewarding people going out to do something alone on an RP server is counter intuitive and counter productive for roleplay.

I would rather see effort put into new legal jobs that require groups to work together than see the devs trying to work out ways to allow people to separate themselves from RP.

Valid points

Organically letting animals spawn instead of having to bait with them would be a surefire way of fixing most of these issues, meaning you'd likely get a better haul if you stay and scout the area, trying to find the animals and where they spawn instead of just planting some bait and seeing them all pop up in your area. 

11 hours ago, Noble said:

Organically letting animals spawn instead of having to bait with them would be a surefire way of fixing most of these issues, meaning you'd likely get a better haul if you stay and scout the area, trying to find the animals and where they spawn instead of just planting some bait and seeing them all pop up in your area. 

I've seen that abused on other servers to grind as well. :/

6 hours ago, Emma Valentino said:

I've seen that abused on other servers to grind as well. :/

I mean it can but at the same time. They will naturally run away unless you stalk them. It just plays and gives more to do as a hunter than "go to this spot, bait this kill about 8 boar and dip"