Digi Den Rework.

HwRusty

I’ve been on cop for the past week, and I genuinely feel like it’s an awful thing to respond to, it’s to easy for crims to waffle their way out of it, and it’s just boring. You get the same response every time, and if the criminal doesn’t like it they throw there toys out the pram.

The new Digi Den idea, it was cool at the start. But now for a cop responding, it’s awful. Because the way I see it is: Why is a Digi den open 24/7? Why can’t there be a time where the door is open from like 9am - 6pm and then outside of them hours, make it so you need a tool to unlock the door, it makes SO much more sense. And when cops respond to a Digi Den break it, it gives more chance of creativity. 

For example, I had someone robbing a digi den at 5:30am (in game time)… of course it’s not gonna be open, but the criminal was saying “iTS a 24/7 DiGi DeN” and that’s happened countless amounts of time. 

Also, when the criminals are breaking into the things at the Digi den, make it so they HAVE to have a tool out in there hands. Like I’m getting a break in call, however, I can’t prove they are breaking anything because there’s nothing in there hands. 

• Like 3

+1 about the time thing but -1 about the mechanic.

Criminals use stories to get leverage BUT nothing says you cant put in a report in the MDT. If they are using the same old stories, then investigate further. If an officer already charged him for that story and it shows in the MDT, then call the bluff since he plead guilty to it (thats if he did.) Just use your imagination. There is a lot of factors that officers CAN use but never do to stop these same stories from happening. I see it both on my cop character and Crim alt.

• Like 1

I get both sides of it tbh from crim and cop. The thing with the old digi was you could provide a good well worked story as to why you're there and the cop would always just go to "well why do you have a crow bar" literally every time and it felt like it was basically shutting down the RP. Like literally had a whole scene set up and spent hours making badges and shit one time just for a digi just to make it fun and the cop just shut it down with "why do you need a crow bar then". But in turn I also see the frustration from the cop pov with the new mechanics bc most crims will just say "it is open 24/7" and you dont have enough probable cause to search them so you just have to let them go every time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I hate when I arrive and they're like "oh we have a work order. Dude it's right here, oh so you guys are allowed to go in to the store but even though we have a work order we're not?" and tbh it's not worth the hassle of being harassed because you are doing your job, and if I'm being honest it makes me not want to respond to those calls! From a crim side, I also miss the thrill of breaking in and stealin the actual phones and needing a crowbar and wire cutters, makes me feel a rush and purpose of expecting a cop to show up.  

• Like 1

Yes but thats why I suggest to this thread. Put in a report to the persons name so that you could carry on next time you catch them or if you notice a lot of people saying the same story, but you are getting the same calls, further your investigation to mitigate the individuals from having the same story. A lot of people are new to RP so give them the chance and a nudge that they should change up their story with more exiting ones without actually telling them. 

• Like 5