What book are you reading?

Hubert

What genres of novels are you interested in? What sorts of books do you like? I'm sure we can help point you in the right direction, but need more input.

I, myself, am a fan of fantasy and thriller books.

Also knowing the level of your reading interests (are you into something more YA speed or something more adult/academic?) will help immensely.

You guys have the same interests as me, I also like reading horror novels, listening to good and dramatic horror ghost stories. Can you recommend me some horror fiction books that you often read?
Thank!

11 hours ago, Arinelle said:

What genres of novels are you interested in? What sorts of books do you like? I'm sure we can help point you in the right direction, but need more input.

I, myself, am a fan of fantasy and thriller books.

Also knowing the level of your reading interests (are you into something more YA speed or something more adult/academic?) will help immensely.

Edited by Hubert

If you like ghost stories in particular, I recommend Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. It was his debut novel and one I randomly picked up off of a rack to read while I was working a kiosk to pass time. Retired death-metal band member, who collects all things macabre, buys a ghost off of eBay.

My current read is Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. This is the start to the Bill Hodges Trilogy of his. It's a crime thriller. Retired cop has to track down a killer before he strikes again. I'm not super far into it, and I'm already hooked. (But I like Stephen King.)

I'm also an ESL teacher, and this semester is a reading based semester, so I've got 5 books I'm reading alongside my students (so these are aimed at younger readers):

Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhhà Lại - A story about a 10 year old girl's family fleeing Saigon because of the Vietnam War.

James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl - Classic. If you haven't read it, you should.

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - A book about non-conformity (high school setting, first love sort of vibes)

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo - Story about a vain toy rabbit's journey to learn what loving, losing, and loving again is all about.

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate - First person narrative from the eyes of a gorilla in captivity. Ivan likes art and thinking about things. Story about friendship, art, and hope.