Trash pickup job, education

Andrew Trigger

1. Education, pay 20k at the college to be "educated" in a selected field..
Fields are:

1. Criminal investigations - crack safes 20% faster, 5% off illegal items/firearms. 
2. Mechanics - required to repair vehicles as a tow truck driver, 5% off vehicle repair kits
3. Marketing - 5% increased sell price on diamonds, gold ingots, peaches, and grapes
4. Nursing - Increased time til bleedout when down, 5% off pills
5. General Education - 5% salary payout ($210 instead of 200, 840 instead of 800 etc.)

2. Trash pickup job - signup at job center, pickup a trash truck at the junk yard. Given locations to pick up trash and bring back to junk yard. You can find diamonds, lockpicks etc. same loot as scubadiving.

• Like 5

EDUCATION
Certainly a interesting idea. I really can be implemented in many different ways and sure will add complexity to the system that's in place.

I'm not sure if the current suggestion is going to be the best idea, but sure after more input can turn into something great. So far the great upside is that if those are a bit like strength that gets lost when someone dies might help players care more for their lives. And on those lines, I think that any skill should have different levels like strength, and upon going down 1 level should go down, and if full death occurs then 2 levels down in total. Instead of going back to 0 like currently happens with strength.

And about how to get the levels up, I think that some kind of mini-game could be cooler than just pay and get it, or sit afk and get it.

TRASH JOB

Sounds good. And the more ideas for new jobs the better, tho I think that fixing some of the current jobs might be a priority. Like for example taxi driver, rarely people get on it, and it's quite needed at times, so in my opinion jobs should include elements that direct them towards interaction with other players and not just 'single-player' jobs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Bakersfield said:

I really like these ideas!

I am not sure how much tweaking there would need to be done with the educations to work, but it would certainly be an awesome addition.

5 hours ago, Tomas García said:

EDUCATION
Certainly a interesting idea. I really can be implemented in many different ways and sure will add complexity to the system that's in place.

I'm not sure if the current suggestion is going to be the best idea, but sure after more input can turn into something great. So far the great upside is that if those are a bit like strength that gets lost when someone dies might help players care more for their lives. And on those lines, I think that any skill should have different levels like strength, and upon going down 1 level should go down, and if full death occurs then 2 levels down in total. Instead of going back to 0 like currently happens with strength.

And about how to get the levels up, I think that some kind of mini-game could be cooler than just pay and get it, or sit afk and get it.

TRASH JOB

Sounds good. And the more ideas for new jobs the better, tho I think that fixing some of the current jobs might be a priority. Like for example taxi driver, rarely people get on it, and it's quite needed at times, so in my opinion jobs should include elements that direct them towards interaction with other players and not just 'single-player' jobs.

Yeah with the education idea.. I've had that idea in mind for a while but when came time to put it into a thread I lost most of my ideas lol. But was thinking some education required for some jobs. Just a rough idea of having education implemented