J O B

notBillBaker

It seems very difficult to earn money while keeping a clean record.  I will be putting in an application for PD so I want to keep everything on the up and up.  I have been going the engineering and delivery routes but not bringing in much.  Can anyone recommend a way to earn without going illegal?

• Like 1

Mate i have the same problem. its quite hard to earn money.

I ended up doing Engineering while my application for EMS is in for consideration. 

It can actually be a bit of a downer when you logon because theirs not much you can do as i spend all my time trying to earn a little bit of money to keep me going.

Maybe ask on twitter, or put out an ad asking to rent a truck, or if someone has work? In this city, there is no such thing as quick money. Illegal actions are quicker, but also very risky, and if caught you might as well kiss that money good bye. I know some people will let you rent their work vehicles so you can make some cash at a little quicker of a rate, and get more rp in, thus breaking the grindy feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst yes there might not be RP when you see it, there is ways to bring the RP into fixing windmills and so forth. 

I've noticed that people state well It's boring to do this and this, but here is what you need to think about:

Use what you have in your disposal, and then you can do a lot with creativity and innovation per say.

You can't use up creativity, creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, making mistakes and having fun.
With creativity, it helps to experiment in breaking out of the same established patterns people do, in order to
look at things in a different way. I bet that you can make a lot of RP out of doing the normal things you do, think of
Ideas on how you can spice it up.

I'm personally always looking for ways to bring roleplay into jobs like, making hacking phones/Body Armor & etc,
And I've had a lot of fun in doing so.

While yes, the money income somewhat sucks for some "Legal", it's still money that you can use to be creative with.

There are tons of ways to make money without it being built in as an actual job! Prior to being apart of the PD, I had "worked" at the Suburban on Hawick and made pretty good money "selling" clothes and helping people pick outfits. After that, I started working at the PD as a receptionist (which I did without it being an official job and unpaid initially.) After doing that receptionist job for a looong time, it finally became an official position for me. If there's something you want to make a job, RP it out and do it. People will definitely go along with good RP if you facilitate it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I believe, some jobs just like Trucking can use a bit of a spice up and I am not talking about Money. If we allow truckers to load their trucks with Illegal stuff or simply being overweight the load and implement DOT inspections, it will give people a chance to risk it for the money, gives PD more things to do and allows for good RP scenarios.  I am a Cpl at PD, and personally do DOT inspections on any traffic stop with a Semi, just for the RP of it.  I know we will get more and more from Badlands, its just a matter of time. 

If your objective is making some money whilst trying to keep a clean record, consider farming steel and selling it to local gangs/players. Steel is pretty boring and most folk outright prefer sourcing them from other people. Look around, make contacts and try to get by doing this. If all else fails, do drugs and be sneaky. I doubt you'll get caught.