Trucking Improvements

Denver

Yes, Trucking has been among us for a long time now, but to be fair it's getting old and could use some new features and quality of life updates. So here is going to be a list of things I would love to see for trucking.

Player Owner Trailers:
This feature had been mentioned in the past by people, how cool would it be if you could own your own trailer and accept contracts from companies to deliver goods, these could be system based or player owned businesses requesting goods delivered to their location. This would also mean that cops have the ability to search trailers for illegal goods e.g drug trafficking, this feature def is my personal favourite. Adding to the system contracts, there could be a tab on the tablet where contracts are displayed and claimed by truck drivers.

More Drop Of Locations:
So at this point I'm pretty sure everyone that has done trucking can pretty much predict where they have to drive to just by their current location and miles they have to drive. I mean the map is big enough for more, and I mean way more drop off locations.

More Pick Up Locations And Change Some:
So there isn't many truck job start locations, and there is quite a lot of locations on the map that have trailers on their property or trucks parked nearby. For instance the factory area near the ore smeltery. One other suggestion I had was the one in Paleto Bay, currently it is located in a construction zone, which makes no sense, it would make more sense for it to be at the Clucking Bell Factory.

The Payment System:
So right now the amount of money you get payed is based on the amount of miles you have to drive, however it would make way more sense to have it be mile based + trailer based, for instance the Ron trailer (gas) is really heavy and makes you truck go really slow. So a higher payment for this trailer would be nice. With the system contracts I mentioned earlier there of course would be different payments for different contracts.

I personally think these features could really make the job more interesting and way more fun and as jobs improve like the garbage job, it would fit into the modern system way better. It would also encourage more RP within companies and businesses and possibly cause some distribution companies to form as well. Anyways let me know what you think about this.

• Like 3

On 10/29/2020 at 4:12 PM, Blueman_Gaming said:

Yes, Trucking has been among us for a long time now, but to be fair it's getting old and could use some new features and quality of life updates. So here is going to be a list of things I would love to see for trucking.

Player Owner Trailers:
This feature had been mentioned in the past by people, how cool would it be if you could own your own trailer and accept contracts from companies to deliver goods, these could be system based or player owned businesses requesting goods delivered to their location. This would also mean that cops have the ability to search trailers for illegal goods e.g drug trafficking, this feature def is my personal favourite. Adding to the system contracts, there could be a tab on the tablet where contracts are displayed and claimed by truck drivers.

More Drop Of Locations:
So at this point I'm pretty sure everyone that has done trucking can pretty much predict where they have to drive to just by their current location and miles they have to drive. I mean the map is big enough for more, and I mean way more drop off locations.

More Pick Up Locations And Change Some:
So there isn't many truck job start locations, and there is quite a lot of locations on the map that have trailers on their property or trucks parked nearby. For instance the factory area near the ore smeltery. One other suggestion I had was the one in Paleto Bay, currently it is located in a construction zone, which makes no sense, it would make more sense for it to be at the Clucking Bell Factory.

The Payment System:
So right now the amount of money you get payed is based on the amount of miles you have to drive, however it would make way more sense to have it be mile based + trailer based, for instance the Ron trailer (gas) is really heavy and makes you truck go really slow. So a higher payment for this trailer would be nice. With the system contracts I mentioned earlier there of course would be different payments for different contracts.

I personally think these features could really make the job more interesting and way more fun and as jobs improve like the garbage job, it would fit into the modern system way better. It would also encourage more RP within companies and businesses and possibly cause some distribution companies to form as well. Anyways let me know what you think about this.

this is a nice one!!

• Like 1