Vehicle Storage Counters

Razec

Hello folks!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Today I decided to talk about Vehicle Storage Counters. I'm not here to name any names, but yesterday was a bad day in regards to one rule that was not decently respected. Here it goes: 

Storing a vehicle into your player garage that has been used as part of the RP scenario is also considered combat logging.

Some people take out a specific vehicle out of their garage then proceed to rob a bank or a store. They manage to get away and then manage to store their vehicles back into their garages. I witnessed this happening yesterday, but I did not want to make a report about it. Instead, I decided to create this discussion so maybe we could work out ways of countering this. 

One way that I thought of was to add a timer after a vehicle gets spawned out of your garage. If players want to store their vehicles before the timer runs out, they will be blocked from doing so. 

What do you guys think? 

I’m okay with there not being a timer, I would however prefer the community is aware of the actions they are taking by storing there vehicle over keeping the vehicle out for Roleplay. I understand the purpose and need for it but like the previous post, storage is sometimes scarce and you have to store things in multiple vehicles. 

I'm not crazy about the timer idea either (cuz again, storage issues), but maybe, if you're LSPD and witness this kind of thing happening, it could result in another charge, like disobeying an order, or illegal parking, or evidence tampering, or obstruction, or spoliation of evidence (which I think would have to be added as a new law) or something else along those lines. 

Maybe not a timer when a vehicle gets spawned out of a garage, but a timer on the player once they have committed a crime and the notification is sent to the police. Then a 1 hour timer to not allow vehicles to be put in or taken out of the garage. so if your vehicle gets damaged beyond repair ... then your walking or have to hide in order for the timer to expire before you can take out another.