Mundane Job increase pay?

LTAssassN

At the moment doing semi truck delivery jobs and being a fisherman, selling diamonds from wrecks and other jewels just isn’t worth the effort. Is there any way more normal jobs can get looked at for an increased pay? Or balance somehow. I love the idea of being able to do any job but some just don’t pay enough to be a viable option. Just a thought 

20 hours ago, Knox said:

Something you have to take in account is these jobs are all legal with no risk, If you are basing pay off the criminal side I dont think we will ever see a legal job that pays like a criminal

Doing sand which deliveries is much better than anything else... legal as well. Not basing it off anything illegal just some of the jobs are redundant because delivering sandwiches is just way better 

22 hours ago, Knox said:

Something you have to take in account is these jobs are all legal with no risk, If you are basing pay off the criminal side I dont think we will ever see a legal job that pays like a criminal

Technically you could robbed or kidnapper by other players, or receive speeding or other traffic infractions, in all reality nothing I'm badlands is risk free. I've tried some of the legal jobs and at the end of the day they're just not worth it financially and in general the rp doing them is pretty limited. I'm all for a bump as long as it's not too big of one to encourage more people to do them. 

• Thanks 1

I feel like there should be a slight bump. Realistically it's going to take you over 48 hours of grinding a legal job to have any decent amount of cash. Ofc you aren't going to make as much as you could of off illegal jobs, but for the people who want to rp as a normal citizen who don't get a EMS, DOJ, or PD job will never make much money for cars or houses ect 

• Thanks 1

I was thinking about this earlier this week.

I'm not suggesting a direct increase in pay to the legal jobs but something that could be done (that would result in more pay) would be to allow vendors to buy in bulk. As an example, when I mine and refine gold, the vendor realistically should be able to buy all my bars at once instead of one at a time. This isn't going to net a huge increase in pay but it would make the process slightly less tedious.

I haven't driven a truck in awhile so I can't speak toward that job (or any others).

• Thanks 1

Just an Idea. Imagine if the pay would be progressive and would increase the more you do the job and the often you do you. Still it wouldn't be a massive increase but there would be an incentive to do it more often.

For Example

After 15-20 jobs a increase of 10%

30-40 jobs increase of 15%

and so on until it capps out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UnofficialA said:

Just an Idea. Imagine if the pay would be progressive and would increase the more you do the job and the often you do you. Still it wouldn't be a massive increase but there would be an incentive to do it more often.

For Example

After 15-20 jobs a increase of 10%

30-40 jobs increase of 15%

and so on until it capps out.

I think those percentages are a bit high but I do agree with the idea. Under normal circumstances, if you do a job for an extended period of time, it usually nets in a pay raise of some kind. That approach could be implemented in the legal jobs. Numbers would have to be balanced - not too easy, not too difficult, etc - but it would be an amazing implementation. It might even encourage more citizens to partake in the legal jobs.

• Thanks 1

I see the point of increasing the prices, but this in when RP comes into play; use these legal jobs like "Gardening, Trucking" and so forth and make a business out of it. After I came back to the city, I did gardening for a while actually got paid a fair amount by people just to RP "Making a Garden" or "Taking Care of One" around their household.

Use what you have in your disposal, and then you can do a lot with creativity and innovation per say. This is RP After All.

You can't use up creativity, creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, making mistakes and having fun.
With creativity, it helps to experiment in breaking out of the same established patterns people do, in order to
look at things in a different way. I bet that you can make a lot of RP out of doing the normal things you do from these legal jobs,
think of 
Ideas on how you can spice it up.

I'm personally always looking for ways to bring roleplay into jobs like, making hacking phones/Body Armor & etc,
And I've had a lot of fun in doing so. 

While yes, the money income somewhat sucks for some "Legal Jobs", it's still money that you can use to be creative with. Issue at hand here is the lack of creativity, 
you can make a lot of jobs in the city and businesses out of idea's you have, just takes effort and time. Do it the same way with "Gardening" or "Trucking" and you'll
get more income when doing so. 

I'm neither -1/+1; just stating my views on this. Sorry if I came off harsh :).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This topic was addressed at the community meeting. If i recall Admin said that some legal jobs do still need to be restructured with their pay. The payrate is a reflection of the economy at the time they did all the math to figure out what seemed reasonable back then. The newer legal jobs do pay more and fit our current economy hence the drastic pay scale difference. When i first moved to the city i very strongly wanted to be a gardener. the shovel was broken at the time and the only way to make money was collecting leaves. paid about $700 an hour. Now gardening pays around 20k an hour if done in the best locations