Falldamage? Ridiculous

Noble

So idk if I am the only one who has noticed lately, but falldamage in the server seems to be a bit ridiculous, you can fall from tiny crevices and somehow get knocked out, I've experienced several times where I've fallen from literal small hills and somehow got knocked out with full HP. 

I really feel like fall damage as a whole needs to be changed because it just takes the fun out of the game in general, and it really doesn't add to realism whatsoever, I know for a fact that I could survive these small falls IRL so why can't I in game?

• Like 3

To my knowledge, the fall damage in this game has been unchanged from GTA itself. If it could be reworked to be more realistic/forgiving, that'd be nice. I'd say it's not possible, but the modding community is smart and I'm sure something could be figured out.

To add onto this, when falling off cliffs or mountains, your character freezes in place once your health hits zero, even if they happen to be halfway through tumbling down a sheer drop. This makes mountain rescues needlessly difficult and unrealistic, in my opinion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Storrent said:

To my knowledge, the fall damage in this game has been unchanged from GTA itself. If it could be reworked to be more realistic/forgiving, that'd be nice. I'd say it's not possible, but the modding community is smart and I'm sure something could be figured out.

To add onto this, when falling off cliffs or mountains, your character freezes in place once your health hits zero, even if they happen to be halfway through tumbling down a sheer drop. This makes mountain rescues needlessly difficult and unrealistic, in my opinion.

Just having a quote on quote ragdoll system for bodies would be even better, like when you try and tackle or trip someone already. 

I've fallen from literal small rocks and somehow got knocked out because my character for some reason fell into the falling animation which apparently triggers the fall damage, I just feel like it needs to be changed quite a lot cause there are definitely certain things where you could survive these things.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:01 PM, Storrent said:

WOW this makes so much sense. This is how we get people stuck to a sheer vertical cliff face on Chilliad!? I can't tell you how many people I've had to shout down at to let them know there's no way we can help them because they're floating on a wall we can't access even with SAR or the heli! ?