Car seizers

RickNess

So apparently now I see PD can Seize a car for us doing what we've been doing in badlands for years. (Having fun) a cop seized my car because he got butt hurt a friend of mine got away. Just because I loaned a car out doesn't mean I know what the person gonna do with it. Was never concerned before. But Now if we're gonna get a cars seized because it was drivin in the water to me is BS. I get we want more court stuff but seizing a car over what people do daily in badlands isn't gonna keep people here imo. I've been shooting at cops and running for the 5 years I've been in badlands not once what it ever brought up. Hard way to learn when you 300k car is no longer. 

Edited by RickNess

So we have very specific guidelines for seizing vehicles. One of those guidelines cover intentionally driving the car into the water. We don’t care if the person escapes, that’s fine but you purposely drive your vehicle into the water to try and escape a chase, whether its your vehicle or a friends you can expect that vehicle to probably get seized. Does not matter if you loaned the car out, you should be sure that whoever you loan the car out too doesn’t do something that stupid. You should make sure that the person who got your car seized pays for any fee’s to get the vehicle out since it was their fault. 

you may have shot cops multiple times in the 5 years you’ve been in the city thats fine, you just shooting cops isn’t cause enough to seize a vehicle. Like I said there is very specific guidelines for PD to follow for a vehicle seize.

Got ya. So it should be made clear cause thats first I've heard of it. Havnt been on PD much as most have noticed still boggled you lose rank while on leave but thats another story. PD wins again. Hard lesson learnt losing 250k car, keep it. Cheers

Edited by RickNess

I'm sure it is as we see there. With the ever evolving updates some of us don't keep up to it as we're not on here 24/7 like some. I just think it was a harsh way to do it as I wasn't even the driver. And I wasn't even on scene when car was seized. (Thought owner had to be) So that's fine keep the car and keep driving people away from doing crime.  

8 hours ago, RickNess said:

I'm sure it is as we see there. With the ever evolving updates some of us don't keep up to it as we're not on here 24/7 like some. I just think it was a harsh way to do it as I wasn't even the driver. And I wasn't even on scene when car was seized. (Thought owner had to be) So that's fine keep the car and keep driving people away from doing crime.  

We want to promote realism (to a point) and if a motor vehicle is being used in a way that is of absolute grave danger to themselves, others in the area or the environment, that is totally fair grounds to seize and that in my opinion should be common sense. Most getaway drivers drive recklessly, yes, driving at high rates of speed, ignoring traffic devices, off roading, using wrong lanes of traffic etc and that is chargeable, however there is a line where charging somebody with Reckless Driving isn't enough. When they start driving vehicles into water, jumping off mountains and cliffs, taking jumps off of highways, the danger to themselves and others is far too great in my opinion to simply hit with Reckless Driving and call it a day. Seizing the vehicle at that point makes sense and I know that has been in the SOPs & civilians rights for quite a while as I'm pretty sure it's been the case for me since I joined the server.

However as I like to advocate in all of these cop vs crim discussions, cop discretion is incredibly important. Vehicle seizures are used sparingly and almost every cop I know will not seize a vehicle unless the same vehicle is used repeatedly for multiple jumps, is sent into the water multiple times, and is constantly using these unsafe methods which put cop lives at risk - because they have to choose, do I follow the jump and risk my life if I can't stick the landing / my vehicle isn't durable enough for it / or even risk other people's lives when landing down below, or do I let them get away? And some cops will follow depending on where the crim is going but personally I would rather stay alive and let the crim get away. Now, if a single chase has happened and they've taken a jump off the highway, it sucks, but we're going to have to just do a search of the area and call it a day. But if we KNOW that criminal is repeatedly using tactics which are quite frankly unfair, unrealistic and putting themselves and others in a great deal of harm, causing officers to call off chases because they are priotising their own lives? Then that is certainly not how you should be using a motor vehicle and that vehicle will be seized.

In terms of civilian rights and SOPs changing, it takes 5 minutes max to look for an update (they normally put a changelog post on the thread I'm pretty sure), familiarise yourself and then get in the server. It is not the officers' responsibility to ask you "hey have you read your rights recently? are you aware that taking crazy jumps or tanking the car into the water makes your vehicle eligible for seizure?" because if we had to advise every citizen in Los Santos about their civilian rights or make exceptions for people because 'they didn't have time to read them' not only would we have absolutely no time for anything but we would open ourselves up to people who absolutely know their rights acting clueless to try to get a free pass. We're here to have fun and plenty of people work full time jobs, have families, and extremely busy lifes but they are still 100% responsible for keeping themselves in the know of what is acceptable and what is not from a law enforcement standpoint. I work and have a hectic schedule with education, sometimes taking weeks off at a time, but I keep myself updated with SOPs because I need to be able to know my shit to do what I do as a deputy, just as a criminal should know their shit when it comes to civilian rights so they understand their own limitations in the city.

Doing risky maneuvers will put your vehicle at risk of being seized and that should just put into perspective the WHEN and WHERE of doing those kinds of things. If you've done a crazy heist with an amazing payout and the cops are tight on your tail and you absolutely cannot lose this payout, maybe take a jump, hope for the best and hope the cops don't follow or find you. And if done in the right situations without being overdone, cops will more likely than not let you keep your vehicle. Now as far as I know if you believe it was seized unfairly you can apply in the forums to claim your car back - there are rules around when to seize a vehicle and I believe who the driver is is an important factor when it comes to making a seizure, but I wasn't part of that situation and don't want to make any assumptions as I just don't have that information. But if you commit a crime and you get in the car and let your friend drive, it is partially your responsibility to ensure they are not making any crazy moves as you are right there with them to tell them no.

Honestly I realize all that and I get it. My car was never used repeatedly for any crime. Us lost Honestly don't do alot we barly leave paleto. My car was loaned for him to watch us and him not get seen. Was not intended to be involved like it was. So for my car to get seized with me not even in it or even near it when any of this happen idle the part to me that bullshit. Go back on any records of mine tell me how many times you see that cars tag in a report. After speaking to this high ego cop in character it's clear he just don't like who's in the car. So now my car got seized over a who's got bigger balls battle between to people. 

I'm honestly to the point now I'm done arguing about it. It's done its over you guys can keep the car I don't give a shit no more. I'm out my house forsale along with other stuff. Once it all sells my club can have all the money and I'll find a new spot to RP. Between the BS with me losing ranks in PD while on a leave had me already pissed off and now this petty bullshit with my car has takin me over the top. So let the cops keep getting upper hand regardless they win or not and they'll be alot more people like me I'm sure. It can't be more obvious that if your not in admin police little inner circle your just a number here. No one gives a shit about the time effort you put into things in here in my case more PD. Was proud to earn what I got for it to be stripped of me while I was on leave for real life shit. Not my fault the SGT I told I needed a leave didn't do his job. Now I suffered the consequences from that. Also far as I know this SGT not around now either for his own reasons. He's been here for years like me and now gone. Not sure why he's gone but I got a good idea. So you guys just keep up the great work pushing people away. Now there's this, my car involved in maybe its 3rd chase in year I've owned it and its my most expensive car just seized because cop felt like it. When you see other gangs doing similar shit daily still got thee cars oh wait there probly in inner circle sorry almost forgot Was a great 5 years in blrp till now. Cheers

Edited by RickNess
  • Like 1

Like I said before, if the grounds for seizure are unfair you 100% need to put in a request to get the car back and outline those points. The seizure process is completely fun but the issue is when people, such as yourself, simply ditch and give up rather than contest it - because based on what you've said in this thread (without me knowing the finer details) yes, that seems like an unfair seizure, but if you don't put in a request and address it then nothing will ever be done to correct it. At that point it is just about policing and if cops have made a mistake or are not up to scratch with the seizure requirements. However if you are loaning a car to somebody then it is still technically your responsibility and I think it could be seized if it is a repeat offense - if it is a one time act then probably not. If the car was stolen on the other hand, it would probably just get impounded.