Dynamic Pockets...

lords8n

Right now we all go to the gym...once...ever.
It might be nice to change this a little in one of two ways:

1) Your pockets very slowly diminish back to 40kg over time so you have to go workout to get them back to 70kg.

2) You initially expand to 70kg, but can then do extra workouts that raise your pockets to some higher value that only lasts for a very short period of time. Example: I'm about to go make armor so I go to the gym and get pumped up and increase my pockets to 90kg, but only have an hour or so till they start decreasing back to 70kg.

Anything in your pockets when they go below what you currently have in them will remain until you take items out and get below the current value that is active. So after pumping up to, say, 90kg, filling your pockets, then coming down off the pump up, you could have 90kg/70kg in your pockets. You would only be able to take stuff out of your pockets until you got below 70kg.

This can also introduce steroids to further increase pocket size and/or time which could add roid rage, illegal trade, and medical treatment.

Maybe if there was RP around working out, as it is right you go in there when you have too grind it out for 15mins and leave and theres no real RP value around it. Forcing people to routinely go there because pocket size slowly diminishes doesnt really add anything but a hasle.

• Like 1

Quick, someone claim ownership of the gym for that sweet sweet revenue!

Seriously though, I think it's a great idea but I get where Richie is coming from, grinding tends to inspire a special kind of mentality that doesn't always mesh with RP. Perhaps your 2nd point would be the way to improve upon the existing mechanic, so that it's not a necessity, but something rewarding for your time (and money). You only need to work out once to get to the 70kg capacity, but you can get rewarded for coming back daily/weekly with that extra pocket space.

Edited by Yama
  • Like 4

+1 to Yama, My personal opinion, Lower pocket space to say 50kg - 60kg for the people that go to the gym once in a lifetime for 15mins, but give the people that goto the gym every other day say 90 ish KG and make a little minigame out of it or something along those lines, You could realistically have someone own the gym and have all the memberships go through them, Say a membership costs 1250$ for 15mins, and it costs 250$ for the owner to process the membership and he pockets 1k, IDK I believe there is potential in gyms, and def some Funny RP to be had. This could def be something on the backend when some of the more pressing issues are fixed/balanced for sure. 

Side Note: I would love to see this be one of the cities that is "Grindy" but also has good RP. Hard to achieve but once you get there, there is fun for everyone.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 3:07 AM, Desolaris said:

+1 to Yama, My personal opinion, Lower pocket space to say 50kg - 60kg for the people that go to the gym once in a lifetime for 15mins, but give the people that goto the gym every other day say 90 ish KG and make a little minigame out of it or something along those lines, You could realistically have someone own the gym and have all the memberships go through them, Say a membership costs 1250$ for 15mins, and it costs 250$ for the owner to process the membership and he pockets 1k, IDK I believe there is potential in gyms, and def some Funny RP to be had. This could def be something on the backend when some of the more pressing issues are fixed/balanced for sure. 

Side Note: I would love to see this be one of the cities that is "Grindy" but also has good RP. Hard to achieve but once you get there, there is fun for everyone.

Imagine, as well, throwing in illegal steroid trade. Gang hideouts or businesses could import steroids and sell to locals near the gym and Venice Beach and citizens could take them.
Steroids could boost pocket size or time, and allow you to open doors without a crowbar, maybe some speed increase.
If you get addicted to steroids you go into roidrage where your vision narrows and becomes reddish. Every time you go to enter a vehicle you rip the door off. You can no longer walk, only stumble run. You can only shout. Your lose the ability to focus such as ADS for shooting. And your aim becomes really bad and all over the place. Punching hurts you more than it the person you punch. And you must be detoxed at the hospital.

• Like 2