Population increase?

Skolly717

Has there been any consideration into a population increase? I know sometimes these increased queue's are temporary, but A lot of us that come into town later in the evening are saddled with a 30-40 person queue for 2 hours. That could be all the time we have that evening to spend in city. I know that it can affect server stability and it's awesome to see the server have this much interest, but some of us just can't make it in. Is there a solution in sight? 

35 minutes ago, Desolaris said:

+1 ? I feel dynamics might have to change such as Robbery CD's but what do I know. More chases!

The issue is, the community lacks RP in many areas increasing the slots won't do anything. I see a lot of areas in the city constantly be a place where people almost treat the game as VRChat, with no real RP supplement or story being driven. So many places have RP opportunities waiting, it's just the fact that people don't wish to actively go out and use creative thinking to make RP out of nothing.

Roger Fetamine and Meredith is a great example, they took nothing into something and eventually got a treehouse for yoga and RP storylines. So until I see the change in how the server sees RP and how to bring more, then I don't think a server slot increase will do anything.

And it's not just Roger in this case, it's many other cases as-well; there are thousands of things you can make up. Isn't that brilliant that are mind can be that creative? Something else I want to add as I forgot is the fact that people need to start thinking of ways to progress the storyline of there group instead of staying stagnant in one place, moving locations and being dynamic will also bring more RP and uniqueness to other areas that may need it.

Edited by Imogen Pride
  • Like 2

Right, but when the people who actually provide something to the server cant get in, that doesn't help the problem. There's been a rush of people trying to get in since the last update, and now everyone that gets on past 7pm Est, is stuck in a fat queue, and cant get in until 9 pm. If the community went full whitelisted, they could probably fix the quality of RP. I think a serious issue is the loyal players not being able to get in because of the 40-50 people that want to come back for the update. Maybe increasing the slots isn't the solution, Its not my server so I cant say what is best, but I do know that there are enough people losing out because of the queue, and it kind of sucks.

3 minutes ago, Skolly717 said:

Right, but when the people who actually provide something to the server cant get in, that doesn't help the problem. There's been a rush of people trying to get in since the last update, and now everyone that gets on past 7pm Est, is stuck in a fat queue, and cant get in until 9 pm. If the community went full whitelisted, they could probably fix the quality of RP. I think a serious issue is the loyal players not being able to get in because of the 40-50 people that want to come back for the update. Maybe increasing the slots isn't the solution, Its not my server so I cant say what is best, but I do know that there are enough people losing out because of the queue, and it kind of sucks.

I wish it was whitelisted as-well, because it will show the quality over the quantity and allow those individuals to get in and do what was stated above and bring more life to these areas' that need it.

Edited by Imogen Pride

3 hours ago, Skolly717 said:

lol, some of the Non Whitelisted provide more than the Whitelisted, so that's not going to fix the problem.

4 hours ago, Imogen Pride said:

I see a lot of areas in the city constantly be a place where people almost treat the game as VRChat, with no real RP supplement or story being driven. 

That's the most accurate statement so far. 

-1 on increasing for now, at least until more stable. 

i mean its kinda hard to provide much RP when everyone is either robbing banks and stores or sitting at the spot of the week talking about their dog's. It really demotivates people who put in effort. This is what has caused the server to become so Cliquey imo, most crews generally stick to themselves unless they decide to have a war for a week or LEO raid something. Gang to Gang conflict gets stale after a while. Same with Gang wars against PD. What takes motivation away from me personally is getting in to do something and there are about 40 people either just trucking or hunting and that's literally all they do all day to the point where truckers are just a general nuisance to drivers and people on the sidewalks, and people who want to hunt with their friends for a minute really cant because its like the seagull scene from finding nemo. I don't know if its the server has just got to the point where its a grinders world now or what. I would love for a server pop increase but the expectations of RP quality need to change first. Like just being real, If all you want to do is grind out arbitrary money values there is a game called World of Warcraft, and Runescape, I hear they are a grinders paradise you can farm gold all day and maybe even get paid for it.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Atryus said:

i mean its kinda hard to provide much RP when everyone is either robbing banks and stores or sitting at the spot of the week talking about their dog's.

I disagree, you can always start new RP and people will most likely drag along. Just have to be creative.

On 1/22/2022 at 6:07 AM, Atryus said:

i mean its kinda hard to provide much RP when everyone is either robbing banks and stores or sitting at the spot of the week talking about their dog's. It really demotivates people who put in effort. This is what has caused the server to become so Cliquey imo, most crews generally stick to themselves unless they decide to have a war for a week or LEO raid something. Gang to Gang conflict gets stale after a while. Same with Gang wars against PD. What takes motivation away from me personally is getting in to do something and there are about 40 people either just trucking or hunting and that's literally all they do all day to the point where truckers are just a general nuisance to drivers and people on the sidewalks, and people who want to hunt with their friends for a minute really cant because its like the seagull scene from finding nemo. I don't know if its the server has just got to the point where its a grinders world now or what. I would love for a server pop increase but the expectations of RP quality need to change first. Like just being real, If all you want to do is grind out arbitrary money values there is a game called World of Warcraft, and Runescape, I hear they are a grinders paradise you can farm gold all day and maybe even get paid for it.

As a seasoned vet of both of those games I can attest to the grindy nature of this.

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:07 AM, Atryus said:

As someone who has main crim for maybe way to long. the argument of the server being to grindy has always baffled me, bc RP is what you make of it. To that point too RP is all around, My crim had an RP arc where he became the sheriff of North Yankton and renamed it to "New North Yankton" and he was legit recruiting not only crims but also cops (doing interviews too for it), he even was calling several cops to let them know he is the Sheriff of New North Yankton. honestly it also been a couple of months since I've robbed banks or even stores bc im just been so caught up in trying to get people involved in RP story lines when im on my crim. Gangs can be cliquey but it doesn't hurt to throw them a bone (in this case the bone being RP) they may surprise you. Grinding really happens when there is something you want, but if you just stay contempt with what you have and be patience that eventually you will get what you want then you start to realize that grinding on the server isnt really needed. 

• Like 1

Unless something has changed within fivem to increase stability this is a -1 from me, as someone who’s been around when they were experimenting with different pop numbers increasing it will cause more issues then it solves, you can have more people but is that better if people are crashing or getting scuffed every 15 mins? 

On 1/24/2022 at 1:17 PM, MrAirZone said:

As someone who has main crim for maybe way to long. the argument of the server being to grindy has always baffled me, bc RP is what you make of it. To that point too RP is all around, My crim had an RP arc where he became the sheriff of North Yankton and renamed it to "New North Yankton" and he was legit recruiting not only crims but also cops (doing interviews too for it), he even was calling several cops to let them know he is the Sheriff of New North Yankton. honestly it also been a couple of months since I've robbed banks or even stores bc im just been so caught up in trying to get people involved in RP story lines when im on my crim. Gangs can be cliquey but it doesn't hurt to throw them a bone (in this case the bone being RP) they may surprise you. Grinding really happens when there is something you want, but if you just stay contempt with what you have and be patience that eventually you will get what you want then you start to realize that grinding on the server isnt really needed. 

im not arguing really that the server is too grindy, Honestly i personally build Pauls income off drug sales and do just fine, barely even make or sell them and get by. Yes the option is there to grind if you want to be a multimillionaire but im a biker i dont really care about that. The argument is the Grinders who provide nothing other than grinding money to the point its basically a hindrance to people actually RPing. Just last night while we had this big criminal event going on there was this dude in a Pink GoPostal truck speed running deliveries to the point he was flying over cars due to taking jumps. We have had situations where multiple times a trucker completely demolished peoples cars because they need to go 120 to their next delivery and dont care about anyone else. sure many crims speed 24/7 but at least they are in cars where they can swerve through traffic and attempt to avoid crashing. Some of these grinders are of the mind set "Cant stop wont stop" the main argument is that as long as this is a thing, there is no point adding more slots because we don't need more of this than we already have. I mean iv seen cops shot by hunting rifles because they dared to tell hunting grinders they cant hunt at night. like for real? that's the hill you die on?