Setting up LSIC - increase game stability

beddyboom

Writing a guide on this since I started using this to deal with some memory leak issues(FiveM exceeding 10GB of ram usage) and have experienced a lot less crashing and hitching in my time on the server.

You will need to download LSIC from the link below

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3775 

After downloading the LSIC exe you can open it and extract the self extracting archive to a folder wherein you can start Intelligent Standby List Cleaner. 

Once the program is open you can click the start option to enable it with default settings, and if your performance needs are more intensive you can raise the "Standby list will be purged when these two conditions are fulfilled" values or raise the ISLC polling Rate to increase the rate at which ISLC responds to memory demands. 

I would also, as the program recommends, avoid using custom timer resolution settings unless you are an advanced user who understands better than me.

LM0OID5.png

Troubleshooting steps taken from the forum link

If you have issue running it.

First : Run in a CMD (command prompt with admin privilege) 2 times :
LODCTR /R and reboot

If still not working, we check if you have disabled performance counter and enable them

lodctr /q | find "Disabled"

lodctr /e:PerfOS

Debug Program for the administrators group under local security policies (SECPOL.MSC) is also required. (it's Windows default anyway.)

Probably need a reboot after theses changes if you did any.

• Like 2

yeah basically! i had been using something similar but it didnt really do anything to keep things sailin smoothly if fivem or steam client webhelper had a nasty memory leak, whereas with LSIC run i pretty much only seem to crash if weird stuff is happening serverside

On 2/7/2022 at 9:14 AM, Skolly717 said:

What does this do? Clear ram as you play the game?