Emote system enhancement suggestion

The emote system is a beast to get to use proficiently, essentially requiring learning all the ones you want, and being a fast non-fat fingered typist.

The long list is nice, but without a way to navigate it faster, it's only useful as a reference. I'd suggest making it so pressing a letter jumps to the first one in the list, but that may interfere with other possibilities of having that menu open. ^^

I suggest, if possible there be added to the M muscle, a Quick emote section in a direction that is easy to quickly select, that will then list a bunch of categories for variants of the more common actions, like leaning, sitting, and ofc other stuff you'd want easy access to, but aren't things you don't really need to do extra quick via bindings.

3 minutes ago, Theurgist said:

The emote system is a beast to get to use proficiently, essentially requiring learning all the ones you want, and being a fast non-fat fingered typist.

The long list is nice, but without a way to navigate it faster, it's only useful as a reference. I'd suggest making it so pressing a letter jumps to the first one in the list, but that may interfere with other possibilities of having that menu open. ^^

I suggest, if possible there be added to the M muscle, a Quick emote section in a direction that is easy to quickly select, that will then list a bunch of categories for variants of the more common actions, like leaning, sitting, and ofc other stuff you'd want easy access to, but aren't things you don't really need to do extra quick via bindings.

i've not bothered to do it but you can quick bind a number of emotes to keys

Yes, 6 is nowhere near enough. If there was a system to load those 6 emotes in from a text file I could jury rig up a way to get more button options though. Well, provided there were actual binds to trigger that load  command. Could easily expand this to multiples

Extra thoughts:

For entering them directly, the Ctrl+E key combo could open up the text entry box, then pre-type /e for you.
In addition, if the auto-suggest feature could be expanded so when you type a valid word which has more options if you add more letter, then suggest those. This helps a lot with variants.

If you wanted to go full hog and make it super newbie friendly you could check the valid words based on the current word fragment, but with this many players, the load from that might be more than the server would like.

Edited by Theurgist
More ideas