Gang War Rules need a Revamp.

Lane2G

Progression of guns is definitely down the drain. All fights are 5 AK VS 5 AK. People sitting on roofs for 2-3 hours just so they can get the advantage is snooze fest. Would be great if you are in war can not be around your territory camping the roofs. +1 for the 2-3 hour cooldown but if you are on phone call w/ the other gang if they accept to start another war early then it'll be okay. Its all about communicating with one another how they feel. Otherwise, the bigger gangs should know they can not be picking on these little gangs where they do not have big guns. Definitely unfair for them to try fight against class 4 or 3s.

9 hours ago, Timr said:

This would be great if every gang in the city was on the same page about reasonable escalation, but they aren't. Every war for the past 2 months has turned into a report spamfest. At this point, I personally think all wars should need to be approved OOC by admins or some consortium of gangs after the side that wants to wage war has shown the escalation of events to the point of war.

And this is what I (and maybe a few others) are worried is going to happen if people don’t start getting it together. I’m in no way saying I’m innocent and never escalated in an unreasonable way, but I haven’t personally experienced anything like this with any of the  established gangs. I also can’t say I’ve had report issues because as soon as i see war starting the first thing I do is hit the leader in discord and tell them if they don’t feel right about something that happens let me know because I do try and keep the fights clean and within rules. 

+1 

No matter the rule, you can't please everyone. However, in my opinion i dont feel like its right for a gang in war to be able to actively move freely after they've been attacked, Almost as if they know they're safe no-matter what. Atleast with this rule when done right, would have gangs actively being on lookout than just continuing with their activities like they arent at war with another gang. 

• Like 1

+1

At the current state of the attack rule, once a gang has been hit, they can literally go about their day as if they aren't at war or fearing war and go on with their day as if nothing was happening. This isn't fair on the gang awaiting an attack who is in the mentality of war and is awaiting an attack for hours on end. 3 hours seems like a fair timer. It's close enough to keep the action going but enough time to deal with cleanup along with possible negotiations between gangs. 

• Like 3

On 7/23/2022 at 4:58 AM, Jayden Steely said:

+1

At the current state of the attack rule, once a gang has been hit, they can literally go about their day as if they aren't at war or fearing war and go on with their day as if nothing was happening. This isn't fair on the gang awaiting an attack who is in the mentality of war and is awaiting an attack for hours on end. 3 hours seems like a fair timer. It's close enough to keep the action going but enough time to deal with cleanup along with possible negotiations between gangs. 

very much agreed, and i am +1 for revamping rules

Based off my last war interaction, I definitely agree that ooc communications should be left open between leaders but I think that those communications should be left open WITH a mod/admin within the chat to moderate what’s being said, what’s being worked out, and what’s going to happen next. I don’t want admins telling us how/when a war should start, but I do think more open lines of communication would benefit everyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jp9528 said:

Based off my last war interaction, I definitely agree that ooc communications should be left open between leaders but I think that those communications should be left open WITH a mod/admin within the chat to moderate what’s being said, what’s being worked out, and what’s going to happen next. I don’t want admins telling us how/when a war should start, but I do think more open lines of communication would benefit everyone. 

+100 

Wars are gonna have winners and losers but we can for sure minimize the toxicity and mald all sides experience.

• 5 months later...

Hi ! I just stumbled across this thread and thought ide throw my opinion out there x

*ABOUT EMS* The ems role should way outpay other jobs in wage imo , 40k an hour just seems way too crazy for working at a food outlet (but im not sure how much ems get paid anyway), this way should create more incentive for people to strive more towards this role , maybe there could even be a police/ems hybrid role ( a police officer whos trained as  ems) to help take the stress off of the ems service.

*ABOUT GANGS*

WARS? could be activated via a rival gang by capturing a flag at the opposite gangs base and bringing back to their own, gang battlegrounds (a separate entity location that gang wars could be fought at, like a competition based score point match maybe? Or maybe wars could consist of gaining enough points to win the war partaking in various criminal activity's to stack up points vs the enemy, maybe a little farfetched , just throwing out ideas :P ( i have not fought many wars,)

11 hours ago, Donny Darko said:

*ABOUT EMS* The ems role should way outpay other jobs in wage imo , 40k an hour just seems way too crazy for working at a food outlet (but im not sure how much ems get paid anyway), this way should create more incentive for people to strive more towards this role , maybe there could even be a police/ems hybrid role ( a police officer whos trained as  ems) to help take the stress off of the ems service.

You also have to keep in mind that EMS is not a criminal faction. Quite often, folks working at those food joints are criminals and have the balancing of fines and stuff that counteracts the money they make. There's a lot that does go into the EMS side of things that you won't see being on the other side of the coin. PD also does a lot already to help EMS out with our stress-load.

EMS is stressful for the type of RP that we give and receive, and I don't feel like I'm not paid enough. This is strictly MY opinion on the matter.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wars can definitely be annoying and I see a lot of good points from the EMS/Police side. 

But lets keep in mind that the frequency at which EMS and Police respond are unrealistic. Normal shots with MK2's in the Ghetto isn't normally going to draw a ton of police to the area immediately. It all depends on local response to the issue, so if the gangs got into a shootout in the desert for example. Police shouldn't even get a call or at least very many. So maybe something could be changed there.

I personally think this server really suffers not having an RK rule of some sort. Generally most RP servers I played in, if you were hit by someone you couldn't go back to get them for a significant amount of time and others from your group would have to do it if it was at most importance leaving the numbers of their group to taper off reducing in the amount of interactions. Even if a group won a fight, if one of them went down that one person wasn't able to return so even when it became time to hit again they would eventually not have the numbers to do so.

I suggest putting in an RK rule honestly. Specifically for war hits. If you're going to get into a massive shootout and you get shot the shit out of, you're going to be out of commission for a bit so it's not realistic you're going to be up running to get them back. This also encourages healthy rotation of the 5 as-well and mixes the deck up and sets them up for a potential loss if not everyone is a shooter.

Based off of what I'm thinking of. If for example AOD hits 305, 305 successfully defend themselves, however T and Sonic go down. T and Sonic wouldn't be able to participate in the next hit because they went down and would have to wait however so long (RK timer). However the rest of 305 can (After the shorter War timer (2h maybe?)). Eventually based off of this, unless 305 are never going down at all they'll eventually not have enough people to attack or wont feel comfortable to attack because too many are out of commission reducing the amount of back to back attacks. And with the people going down on the AOD side, the people that went down over there as well wouldn't be able attack. Putting both parties out of commission until the timers run out(Primarily RK timers), and knowing who has went down could help them determine whether they need to defend or not.

To add as well, if a group runs out of members to fight, they could reach out to whomever from the other group OOC and the fighting for that day could be considered over and be considered an official win for the opposing gang (Everyone incapacitated).

And @Timr please dont make wars need to be approved. That'd suck for the people that are actually reasonable. :P

Edited by Mars Chambers
  • Like 3