Bonus RP system

Frank Frost

This one is a little complicated (It's me, ofc it is!), so bear with me please:

Add in an item(s), the 42HK- Microchip series. These are guarded fiercely by the military, as it is a very high quality, very expensive, like 2 mill on the black market expensive, EACH, and quite rare.

You'd use them singly to make a permanent "Item" from your selected image, which you could RP as a device you make, or, whatever you can use the image/gif to portray.

This will allow people to have a full representation of the object for RP purposes. Could lose it (Don't die in medic downtimes!!),  or have someone steal it, or have it confiscated as evidence, etc.

You'd use them in batches of 3, plus whatever other parts to make an "AI-powered" cranial inplant. You could go further with this, but the simplest way to do the implant would be through RP, including its functions, timer if any, and result if any directives are missed/disobeyed.

PS. When I say the military guards these things jealously, I mean, like, if you show serious intent to hijack their convoy, they would light you up like a Christmas tree.

Simpler maybe; could we add in the ability for to create an item (or items) with a requirement of a microchip only available by ambushing and taking out an armed military convoy?

The resultant chip could be sold on the black market, or used to make an item version of a Badnote; in that it would also have an associated icon, referenced in the same way as the Yellow pages ad.

It could be a great way to give another thing to work towards, as well as a decent reason for a military convoy that gets *reeal* antsy if attacked. If they have rare, military-grade, AI-based processor chips on board that is.

It could easily be a less stringent requirement, but some of the RP things you could use these for could be rather.. interesting. ^^

That better guys? lol

15 minutes ago, Richie Jax said:

I’m not following either explanation of what this is supposed to accomplish? Is this supposed to be a way for players to bring in custom items on there own without devs creating them? 

Dude I'd say your guess is about as good as ours. Which we ain't got one because I'm not understanding any of what is trying to be explained. I'm not sure how this has any sort of RP value. I'm not understanding the why and need of a "microchip". My brain is about as fried as KFC.

5 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

I’m not following either explanation of what this is supposed to accomplish? Is this supposed to be a way for players to bring in custom items on there own without devs creating them? 

That's the right wording.

The microchip was just an extra excuse for the military to do more convoys, in particular ones where they could fire more readily if attacked due to the extreme sensitivity and value of their cargo. The chip would also give the admins here a way to regulate supply, and thus cost.

If it would be better for it to be easier to get/make, then you can ignore that part entirely. I just like to solve multiple problems with one solution where I see the opportunity. ^

I was just thinking the easiest thing to do would be make it easier to set the view of BadNotes you printed & placed.

So you would be able to set the size to match the image size, instead of having an ugly white border.
Or have it respond to transparency as well. I suspect this is possible somehow, but I haven't worked out how they did it.

Then we could just print off our own RP items without having them look obviously printed on a piece of paper. Unless we want it to look like that ofc.

I've had to do several workarounds by taking a snapshot of the area, and just image editing the object (Or lack thereof!) into or out of a scene.

Edited by Frank Frost

On 8/10/2022 at 9:57 PM, Frank Frost said:

So you would be able to set the size to match the image size, instead of having an ugly white border.
Or have it respond to transparency as well. I suspect this is possible somehow, but I haven't worked out how they did it.

Then we could just print off our own RP items without having them look obviously printed on a piece of paper. Unless we want it to look like that ofc.

[nobg]

www.imgur.com/yourimage.png

The [nobg] tag removes the paper and your image should be resized automatically to fit to the edges of the paper, thus meaning you have more room vertically so wide images aren’t the best.

This now removes the background thanks to the new tablet and note system. Great substitution for what you are wanting to do I guess…

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 10:23 PM, AlphaGFX said:

[nobg]

www.imgur.com/yourimage.png

The [nobg] tag removes the paper and your image should be resized automatically to fit to the edges of the paper, thus meaning you have more room vertically so wide images aren’t the best.

This now removes the background thanks to the new tablet and note system. Great substitution for what you are wanting to do I guess…

Yes, that should do nicely, thank you!
I'll see if adjusting the size via discord combines with the transparency, and then it could end up being scalable and transparent.

If it works then I could make an animated business card with cutouts you can see through ^ Or all other manner of creative lil projects

Edited by Frank Frost

3 minutes ago, Frank Frost said:

Yes, this should do nicely. I'll see if adjusting the size via discord combines with the transparency

The entirety of the bad notes section size is 700px by 800px. If you have a blank transparent slate and line it up where you are wanting it to show up in game using those dimensions, and then save as a png anything transparent will be transparent in game. No more ugly borders or white spots.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlphaGFX said:

The entirety of the bad notes section size is 700px by 800px. If you have a blank transparent slate and line it up where you are wanting it to show up in game using those dimensions, and then save as a png anything transparent will be transparent in game. No more ugly borders or white spots.

Ohh yeah, great idea for placement for single items you intend to use anywhere! Nice

I'll still use the other style of images for when there's stuff placed on other stuff in the world, which needs to be precise, or moves. I make those custom and use the titles of the documents to set their context. Basically because sometimes you just can't place them where they'd need to be to look right, like part way up a wall, or on a desk that's too high to get on, or is not climbable at all.

I will ofc still have fun with the transparency side when doing these, might as well see what cool effects I can come up with. ... Oooooh semi-transparency should work too. This IS gonna be fun lol.