Controlled gang areas

Tucker Bell

So frequently I've been driving past areas that are common areas on the map. Just to be shot in the face because I'm in a "Gang area." It's my idea to have certain portions of the map gang controlled. In an ideal world/fair world, we shouldn't allow main road territory, common areas as territory & so forth. Can we keep it to small mapped areas? Example picture attached.

https://imgur.com/a/KmddvMg

i see where ur coming from, but also I think gang maps to me seem to bring more bad than good. One reason could be new players automatically knowing gang turfs and either avoiding those mapped out areas or either automatically know where groups hide out. It would also be rly only good for bigger more established gangs, but there are smaller gangs that would be left out, ect. idk prob j a me thing with a few other reasons why I don't like it, but I do see where u are coming from which is more a RDM and NVL compared to "gang turf" issues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIG_FAT_MIKE said:

So frequently I've been driving past areas that are common areas on the map. Just to be shot in the face because I'm in a "Gang area." It's my idea to have certain portions of the map gang controlled. In an ideal world/fair world, we shouldn't allow main road territory, common areas as territory & so forth. Can we keep it to small mapped areas? Example picture attached.

https://imgur.com/a/KmddvMg

Disagree. The idea to enclose  8+ gangs and more into  small blocks is akin to someone shooting you in the face for passing a gang area. The solution that you propose is no better than the problem is aims to solve. 

I'm in agreeance with floof, this hints of an RDM  or NVL situation.

• Like 1

First off Im always in favor of less things on the map as I prefer to find things out on my own or through interactions. However, gangs shouldn't just be going guns hot on anyone driving down their street on a average day. That to me would seem like RDM. However if the gang has been getting in fights all day and you cruise their block, yeah I could see how you could get opened up on. At the end of the day, I think it has to make sense in RP as to why they shot you up. This has been a RP first type server, one of the things that makes it great. Even if the RP is to tell you to GTFO.... it is still RP.

• Like 2

Drawing "official" lines in terms of gang territory shouldn't be apart of the map, having things be ambiguous leads to a lot of natural RP. Should gangs be shooting up a car just for being on a block?.... absolutely not. Will you get your car shot up for slow rolling/snooping in the wrong areas, yes as long as it's initiated. If you want to do something in a gang territory and not get shot up, you should be able to at least start a dialogue with said gang about allowing you into the area, whether it be a tax or offering something to them in exchange for being able to be in that area.

Although gang territory isn't the most expansive RP you can have, it is something, and if a gang is shooting you up for being in the area with no initiation or dialogue it should be reported. That being said, if you slow roll a block drawing attention of a gang, they ask you to leave or get shot and you don't leave or give them attitude about it, expect to be shot!

• Like 2

I rarely get the pleasure of driving on Forum drive but when I do its to drop off a taxi mission for a local. FDF just asks me what I'm doing I tell em then they question the local about being on their turf etc. Usually ends with a funeral and Karen's kids being momless. I love that the taxi missions have a drop off right in the middle of forum haha.