Crime & Whitelisting

Hello All,

I'm suggesting that illegal locations above a certain threshold be exclusive to people who have been whitelisted on the server. 

This way individuals who have taken the time to learn about these location over the course of weeks or months are not immediately confronted by new dannies or persons who just learned about these locations from their "gang" leaders without any vested interest or gravity as to how important it is to not do stupid things around them.

Also, this gets people to start having a bigger role in creating a backstory for their characters and understanding RP from a certain standpoint instead of immediately flying in, finding out locations, then grinding and being idiotic. Regardless, they know from being vetted by whitelisting what is expected so that if any infraction is done, it's not a surprise. It's holding people to a higher standard and expecting some level of RP before they have access to certain illegal assets.

I understand that the level of people in the server is (180 slots woo) increasing so I wanted to bring this up for a suggestion before the server grows further because this is a growing problem in terms of minimal RP to learn of locations. I do feel that certain gangs and crims have definitely been a lot more understanding and mature when it comes to this issue. Is it a perfect? No. However I think it's a step in the right direction towards expecting more from people.

edit: To add, certain drugs are still available to new fly ins. It's only certain drugs that would be limited.

new fly ins can sell or use the stuff. They just can't collect.

Thoughts?

Edited by Esteban Alfonzo

So I see both sides on it. When on Neil and taking jail calls, I do become astonished at how quickly people are making drugs. Within hours on their first day at times. So on one hand I agree. People shouldn't be getting access to things so fast and maybe whitelisting is the answer. On the other hand making things whitelist only would essentially turn the server into a whitelist server and take away from the public aspect of the server.  It is really a tough problem to solve.

I do think people need to stop grinding and start RP'ing more. The server has a strange feel now a days compared to a year ago. More interactions are needed on so many different levels. Neil can move in and out of groups since he is a lawyer and the job takes him to alot of different people but alot of people aren't getting anywhere near that expierience. 

Edited by NewportReb
error
  • Like 2

Every time I see a post about whitelisted people getting certain stuff/exclusive access especially when it comes to criminal things. I am always wary and remind people there are a LOT of non whitelisted players who have been around for years and some who are more experienced role-players than others who are whitelisted. 

It is a topic of conversation though, it's not ideal new players coming in and skipping RP just to grind these sought after drugs in these locations and making $$$ without actually expanding their RP. And of course, there is nothing stopping groups from actually RPing holding down a spot, as long as it's within our server rules and they have a solid RP reason to do so.

Lock it behind a group then and not a whitelist status. Leaders of the group need to be active in the city, if they are not the "bench" or whatever you wanna call it get's passed on to the next best fit. So many things are locked behind groups already, why not do that with certain drugs as well? 

• Haha 1

I understand things from both sides. Forcing a whitelist on drugs definitely is not the best solution. It reduces the amount of things for new people to discover and do in the city.

I also feel if you have been a member for years and haven't taken the time to get whitelisted is not laziness per say but it takes 30min to an hour to fill out the whitelist application. Being whitelisted doesn't make you a better role player but to me shows commitment and respect.

Gangs holding down spots always ends in weird RP. I have seen it time and time again where gangs try to hold something down there is a weird backlash where gangs that may not even sell or manufacture those drugs or use the "spot" or aren't even involved seem to inject themselves into the situation because they have an opinion on how things should be in the city. Holding down a spot literally feels at times as a hill to die on. You either die on that hill or give it up and move on. Which more often than not effectively "kills" the gang or crew that was trying to hold it down. The state of the server just won't allow people to hold things down. It seems to be getting better lately but for a long time it felt like you could eat your sandwich wrong and it would start a war.

I also feel like locking drugs behind a group or a gang is the scorched earth route and should be avoided like the plague. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tay said:

Every time I see a post about whitelisted people getting certain stuff/exclusive access especially when it comes to criminal things. I am always wary and remind people there are a LOT of non whitelisted players who have been around for years and some who are more experienced role-players than others who are whitelisted. 

It is a topic of conversation though, it's not ideal new players coming in and skipping RP just to grind these sought after drugs in these locations and making $$$ without actually expanding their RP. And of course, there is nothing stopping groups from actually RPing holding down a spot, as long as it's within our server rules and they have a solid RP reason to do so.

here is the thing about whitelisting, you can white list anyone into it, so if someone has established themselves either as part of an established group, or as an individual they would get access. The main point is to eliminate the danny randoms from coming in and releasing info on all the criminal spots day 1. I think people look at this as its exclusive to gangs, and really it should be exclusive to criminals who have been around long enough to understand the vibe. Im all for whitelisting, and for that to expand into solo individuals that actually RP as a criminal and not some hunter who does drugs on the side.

• Like 1

to add to my post, its not new people cant sell drugs, more so they would need to buy them from established individuals in the city, which builds up their contacts, and allows them to interact with us as criminals and learn how the criminal world works, rather than come in and think they know how it works and fuck it up for every crew and criminal when they are sloppy and get spots raided. so not only would whitelisting cause it to make more sense, it would actually increase RP, I know wild concept for some people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 12:19 PM, tay said: