"Annual" License/Registration Fees??

Ricky Ticky

So how i would see this is the owner of a vehicle, would have to pay an "annual" fee to keep their registration from "expiring" so to speak. so when police check plates on a vehicle, the owner would either have expired tags or up to date registration.  Also, if when you are in the city, there would be an annual license fee to keep your Driver's License from expiring or what not.  All a person would have to do is go to the Dep't of Licensing and renew their license or registration, as a notice would popup for that person alerting them to renew soon, and they would have the choice if they want to do that or not.  Not sure if this would fly for the city, but thought I'd toss the idea out there and see what people think?

Edited by Maple Moose
  • Like 2

I liked the sound of this idea when we talked about it in Legion somewhat.

For it to reach its full potential police need some sort of way of interacting with the laptop in the car to run the plates before even approaching the car so it could say the tags have expired for example, who owns it, and so on.  Would like to see something like that implemented for sure