Make it harder to steal player owned vehicles

Like randomly getting your car stolen? I'm not sure if making the lock picking tougher or slower will help as much as you want.

You could try making some RP for the cops. I'm sure the detectives would love to deal with a string of car thefts, cops focused on catching them can be a good deterrent.

• Like 1

The mechanic is present within the server that makes stealing others cars atleast a 3-5 minute process, in addition to that you can also hear within a very large radius if a car is being broken into or not. Kinda like Jay is saying here, you can always report a car stolen to the police and make it a whole investigation for them as well. 

14 hours ago, McPikey - Fast J said:

I am in favor of a security upgrade that you could buy IC for like $50-$100k that would require more than a lockpick to steal.

Having said that I think there was a recent car robbery crime spree the other night, so there may have been a spike but its not really that common in my experience.

+1 for this. Having this as an option would be interesting. I don't know the logistics behind it, but I could see even having a more expensive upgrade that would add a tracker for the vehicle so if the thief didn't disable it in some way you could chase them down. Might make from some interesting RP scenarios.

1 hour ago, Grymithy said:

+1 for this. Having this as an option would be interesting. I don't know the logistics behind it, but I could see even having a more expensive upgrade that would add a tracker for the vehicle so if the thief didn't disable it in some way you could chase them down. Might make from some interesting RP scenarios.

Was already suggested and Timr had a good point on how it wouldn’t be a good idea. I am a +1 on making it harder to get into by upgrading parts. 

1 hour ago, Gallamer Zedd said:

Was already suggested and Timr had a good point on how it wouldn’t be a good idea. I am a +1 on making it harder to get into by upgrading parts. 

I mean I understand but that sounds like a problem with gang escalation more than the mechanic itself. I know it happens but immediately jumping to deathramming and fire squads is pretty terrible. At that point, just go play GTA online cause you aren't rp'ing anything there. I think if it was implemented, there should be something letting the person stealing it know, like a beeping or something, so they could leave the car if they didn't want someone chasing them. But the server admins should have a feel with how the gangs they sanction would handle it so if they think it's a bad idea for the city then it probably is.