Bows And Crossbows (Hunting)

• 2 weeks later...

I could get behind this, if there is a bit of counter play. I say this because if you went the silent route, then there wouldn't be ANY way for PD to get notified at night about poaching/illegal hunting. It would make hunting more of a money grind than what it is. MY suggestion if this were to be implemented, would be to either add something that WOULD allow PD to get calls like shots fired kinda like they do with flares, OR, an EXTREME nerf across the board to hunting. The downside to nerfing it, is that we have a sporting goods store that relies on hunting to still be worth something for people. So, unless there is a proper way to balance it, I do not see any REAL benefit to this. Unless someone has better input. Yes I like the Idea of it, but I see other possible issues from different stand points. I currently think hunting is fine as is, however, I am not an active hunter and don't enjoy the grind of it unfortunately. Maybe have someoen else who Does hunt all the time should chime in, but thats my perspective.

18 hours ago, Connor O'Shea said:

I could get behind this, if there is a bit of counter play. I say this because if you went the silent route, then there wouldn't be ANY way for PD to get notified at night about poaching/illegal hunting. It would make hunting more of a money grind than what it is. MY suggestion if this were to be implemented, would be to either add something that WOULD allow PD to get calls like shots fired kinda like they do with flares, OR, an EXTREME nerf across the board to hunting. The downside to nerfing it, is that we have a sporting goods store that relies on hunting to still be worth something for people. So, unless there is a proper way to balance it, I do not see any REAL benefit to this. Unless someone has better input. Yes I like the Idea of it, but I see other possible issues from different stand points. I currently think hunting is fine as is, however, I am not an active hunter and don't enjoy the grind of it unfortunately. Maybe have someoen else who Does hunt all the time should chime in, but thats my perspective.

Thank you for the input, I didn't actually realize cops got notifications for hunting.

Something that could for sure be done, is maybe making it so the bow and crossbow have smaller ranges, and maybe have some skill involved rather than just using the dot to aim, you would actually have to lead your shots and or aim higher for farther away animals.

Also something i have noticed, is that with the amount of hunting that i have done, it seems the chances to actually get specialty items are EXTREMELY small, so maybe with the use of Arrows for killing the animals, we could have a higher chance of getting some of those specialty items and could even drop the prices of hunted goods like hides and meat by 5-10% so that the higher odds of getting the specialty items can at least somewhat even out the odds a bit.

Plus this would be a great opportunity to allow for the sporting goods store to get some new inventory to sell, and maybe quite a bit more business.