NPC Hostages

I've noticed over my time doing banks and stuff. A very common comment I get from un affiliated players (most of the time they're new) Is that they've been kidnapped like 7 times in one day. Theres already scripts out there where you can make demands to NPC hostages. With some modifications it could work. And it would really improve the experience new players have within the server. I can't think of any cons to this aside from reducing player to player interaction a tiny bit. 

New players get kidnapped cause gangs won’t kidnap other gang members to avoid drama, I think part of the problem is gangs need to check their ego at the door in certain situations and if one of them gets kidnapped for a robbery (because options are so limited without one) it doesn’t mean that have to retaliate on the gang that did the robbery unless there’s some other provocation such as excessive shit talking to the hostage or over aggression. 

Not even just the retaliation thing. I've had gang members call out on radio as soon as guns are drawn and then just completely refuse to get out of their car or into yours. When you're set up to hit the bank or something, it's not worth shooting them and having all of their gang backup hunt you down. Knowing they have friends showing up soon makes them not care what happens to them when they really should. It's just easier to go after solos and new players to avoid the drama. 

15 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

New players get kidnapped cause gangs won’t kidnap other gang members to avoid drama, I think part of the problem is gangs need to check their ego at the door in certain situations and if one of them gets kidnapped for a robbery (because options are so limited without one) it doesn’t mean that have to retaliate on the gang that did the robbery unless there’s some other provocation such as excessive shit talking to the hostage or over aggression. 

A group robbed Cool Beans of 1 cupcake ($250 value) last night and then got chased down by 4 people in 3 cars over it, being told after being shot down and robbed "you fucked with the wrong people!"

Yeah, I agree that gangs need to check their ego

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Timr said:

A group robbed Cool Beans of 1 cupcake ($250 value) last night and then got chased down by 4 people in 3 cars over it, being told after being shot down and robbed "you fucked with the wrong people!"

Wow..... that barely covers the cost of ammo and fuel for running them down..... Id let them have the cupcake. 

2 hours ago, Timr said:

I don’t even have words for that one, hopefully it was the tastiest cupcake in the world. 

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2023 at 12:34 PM, Timr said:

That's brutal. lol

But this is a legitimate problem I've noticed though, and I'm not going to lie. I'm part of it. But I don't feel like dealing with wars every five minutes to change my behavior's and start kidnapping gang members and stuff. So what do you suggest Timr? 

Edited by Mars Chambers

On 2/6/2023 at 9:04 PM, Richie Jax said:

This is legit, but theres no way we're going to change this and new players are getting pretty much harassed right now. So what do we do about it?

On 2/6/2023 at 9:21 PM, Grymithy said:

Not even just the retaliation thing. I've had gang members call out on radio as soon as guns are drawn and then just completely refuse to get out of their car or into yours. When you're set up to hit the bank or something, it's not worth shooting them and having all of their gang backup hunt you down. Knowing they have friends showing up soon makes them not care what happens to them when they really should. It's just easier to go after solos and new players to avoid the drama. 

Yeah, Ive seen this. You'll have a 5 stack of dudes waiting outside the bank and you're just like oh god here we go.

I would actually semi disagree with the whole ego tripping ideal that yall seem to see that these gang members are going through when one of their own gets kidnapped.

In general, that is just how life is, gangs back each other up when something happens, if one gets kidnapped, they will seek out the people and get their fellow mate/member back. Im not even part of a gang, but if i hear that someone kidnapped or robbed my family, ima do what i can do to get them back or try to get their stuff back. 

I do think it would be cool to possibly see more options of interacting with NPC's, but i dont think it should be full on able to kidnap them.

2 hours ago, RansomNGaming said:

I would actually semi disagree with the whole ego tripping ideal that yall seem to see that these gang members are going through when one of their own gets kidnapped.

In general, that is just how life is, gangs back each other up when something happens, if one gets kidnapped, they will seek out the people and get their fellow mate/member back. Im not even part of a gang, but if i hear that someone kidnapped or robbed my family, ima do what i can do to get them back or try to get their stuff back. 

I do think it would be cool to possibly see more options of interacting with NPC's, but i dont think it should be full on able to kidnap them.

It's situational, the cupcake thing is ridiculous. I feel like a gang wouldn't chase someone down over a cupcake. lmao

2 hours ago, RansomNGaming said:

What would you like to see people do with NPC's then if using them as hostages isn't something you believe should be done? My point of this post is that new players get excessively kidnapped and it impacts their enjoyment of the server as a new unaffiliated person. My goal of this is to maybe think of a way we can reduce that.

Edited by Mars Chambers

21 hours ago, Mars Chambers said:

It's situational, the cupcake thing is ridiculous. I feel like a gang wouldn't chase someone down over a cupcake. lmao

The cupcake thing is for sure a little ridiculous, i agree with you on that point for the most part.

21 hours ago, Mars Chambers said:

What would you like to see people do with NPC's then if using them as hostages isn't something you believe should be done? My point of this post is that new players get excessively kidnapped and it impacts their enjoyment of the server as a new unaffiliated person. My goal of this is to maybe think of a way we can reduce that.

I think some possible interactions that could be done with NPC's could be stuff like
- Robbing them | pull gun on them, if you hold it for long enough, they would slowly give up cash, and maybe even rarer chance of items (would be a really small amount of stuff and would take some time and cops would get notified)

- GTA | Basically pull gun on NPC that is in their car, after some time, the NPC will get out and give you the car, something like this makes more sense than having to block a car, and then lock pick it, AND THEN drag the person out of the car to steal it that way.

These were just a couple of the ideas that i kinda imagined for the most part that could be done with NPC's
And in terms of newer players getting kidnapped more often, its one of those things that is a bit of a wonky situation. In terms of people at downbad, if they get followed out and kidnapped from a nearby area, that is kinda stinky.

But in terms of the jobs that are easier to get into for the newer people, those are VERY easy to spot for the people who are robbing banks and what not. Go-Postal being the most well known solo person job that is pretty much hard locked to the newer players, And very easy to spot as they have a massive van that fully advertises what it is that they are doing.

After double checking the rules real fast, i think one thing that could possible be done, is adding in something new basically stating you cant stalk people in green zones and wait for them to come out and kidnap them then? I might have skipped something in the rules that could touch on that, but im currently trying to get ready for the Date Auction lmao

On 2/11/2023 at 4:35 PM, RansomNGaming said:

The cupcake thing is for sure a little ridiculous, i agree with you on that point for the most part.

I think some possible interactions that could be done with NPC's could be stuff like
- Robbing them | pull gun on them, if you hold it for long enough, they would slowly give up cash, and maybe even rarer chance of items (would be a really small amount of stuff and would take some time and cops would get notified)

- GTA | Basically pull gun on NPC that is in their car, after some time, the NPC will get out and give you the car, something like this makes more sense than having to block a car, and then lock pick it, AND THEN drag the person out of the car to steal it that way.

These were just a couple of the ideas that i kinda imagined for the most part that could be done with NPC's
And in terms of newer players getting kidnapped more often, its one of those things that is a bit of a wonky situation. In terms of people at downbad, if they get followed out and kidnapped from a nearby area, that is kinda stinky.

But in terms of the jobs that are easier to get into for the newer people, those are VERY easy to spot for the people who are robbing banks and what not. Go-Postal being the most well known solo person job that is pretty much hard locked to the newer players, And very easy to spot as they have a massive van that fully advertises what it is that they are doing.

After double checking the rules real fast, i think one thing that could possible be done, is adding in something new basically stating you cant stalk people in green zones and wait for them to come out and kidnap them then? I might have skipped something in the rules that could touch on that, but im currently trying to get ready for the Date Auction lmao

I feel like this doesn't solve the frequency of which they're kidnapped. No-one wants to hang out at downbad. They gotta get out to do stuff which is where they get kidnapped 90% of the time. If there were a reason criminals didn't have to kidnap them I think it would be better. Hence why I suggested locals/NPC's. 

Edited by Mars Chambers