Motor Vehicle Trauma

Victor

As right now only way to get injured with your car is to forget seatbelts and fly out. But once you have your seatbelt on you can drive 150mph head-on collision and survive without much injuries at all. My suggestion to help EMS to get more calls and make people to drive safer and reward good drivers is to have more realistic damage when you have traffic accident. I think it could be tied to our current vehicle damage. If you crash you vehicle so hard that engine is instantly disabled, you will go to downed state. If you had seatbelt then you have 50/50 chance to survive. So even if you have seatbelt, you will can go down, as much as seatbelts are amazing they are not that good.

Heavy car collisions also would take off your health much more than they do right now. Seatbelts could reduce that damage taken by ~50%. But if your health is low already you go down. This means that when you crash your car but engine is still running, you will be injured but not dead.

I do not ask though that damage to health is crazy high, but substantial enough to have impact. Thus said. Perhaps give EMS ability to "Heal minor wounds" that EMS can use to treat injured people who were not downed but lost health. But keep post revival "limping - go to hospital". Feature because such traumas weaken injured that they need more substantial medical care.

Way I see it, when person approaches EMS and asks EMS to take a look at his injuries. We can examine wounds: It will give us one of two results: 1. Minor Wounds; (Can be treated), 2. Major Injury; (Needs extensive care in Hospital). Result 1 is when patient just lost some health in fall or otherwise and EMS can treat it on spot. Result 2 is when patient has been revived and has not yet been in Hospital. His condition is still serious and injuries cannot be treated on the spot by EMS.

EMS; as always takes prio calls on people who are actually downed, but when there are none of those calls, they can take (phone) calls from civs who are in need of treatment for minor injuries.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Victor said:

My suggestion to help EMS to get more calls

I don't think this is the way..... They removed police from reviving which I'm not complaining it should be done by trained EMS but with that said let's look at a few things 1. You know how bad AI drives at times and just say no EMS are on there could have a lot of people down with no help. 2. People have been valuing their life better and sometimes it does get slow happens on PD too but you have side missions that you can do if you don't choose to RP around the city in between calls. 

I have driven a car around 35 mph and if you hit something just right and disabled my car but with your theory upon disablement I have a 50/50 of going down? Not to mention I think you would get so overwhelmed with calls some RP will get cut short just to try and help others or a larger amount of people will have to see the light. I think it pretty balanced how it is now and implementing what you suggest will in some portion not make it fun for others cause it is a game and people do want to have some fun otherwise it might turn into a sim and maybe I'm wrong idk but I just think if there was 1 EMS on and 3-7 calls come in its a lot to handle I still see at times EMS asking in channel for help still when there on alone this will just make worse or maybe to some degree no fun for the person on duty if its so constant they don't get a break and maybe just clock off allowing to compound more.

It's a fair suggestion but its just my opinion its pretty balanced and I don't know how to help you solve the problem that went it gets slow on what you should do.... I think the devs spent a good amount of time on alternative stuff for you even if not everyone likes it or is fun to you or others but think how the civilian population will feel if there downed cause of maybe lag and a car spawns right in front of you and you slam into it and are downed with no EMS on.

• Like 3