Illegal Weapons Dealer

___

Did some searching and couldn't seem to find a topic on it so forgive me if it's been brought up before. 

Currently I think the process being obtaining an illegal weapon is far too easy. Walk into a public store, buy a .50 cal and walk right back out. Sure, it's a little farther away - but from an RP standpoint, it's really not much. The risk in it is very low, too. The only thing stopping you now is a officer being on location as you purchase it, however if that was the case I'd just drive on by. I'd like to see it take a little longer and have more risk to it. I thought of the idea of taking it in a new direction.

You drive to a designated location on the map, and "call" the black market dealer - ordering what weapons you'd like to buy. This triggers the phone animation - and you wait on location for 10 seconds. A second idea to this is potentially driving a greater distance to a cell tower - and paying an extra sum of money for a call that can not be traced (10k+) - keeping you free of illegal weapons charges. 

Once the call has ended, you receive a GPS location from the dealer as to where you can find your weapon. (I'm torn between this being a random map location or one of the many actual gun stores across the map.) [With this, PD has a very small chance of "tracing" the call, then giving them the location of where the deal is going to occur.] 

Once you arrive at the location, a marker is there and you pick up your weapon there as you would in another gun store. This prevents weapons being items - and has them equipped immediately.

I think this can bring a lot of RP to Illegal weapons as individuals would tend to be more cautious when buying IW's - having someone keep watch outside while you buy to ensure no raid will take place. Also, bringing more RP to the police side of IW stings and more of a use for the true UC officers who could pose as "just another civ" buying a weapon.  

Let me know what you think and I'd love to hear what you think could be removed or added to the idea!

• Like 6