Bought a car from the dealership

MosesFPS

I was wondering how this whole scenario would play out.

The individual was advertising freshly imported cars for sale at the Exotic Automotive Dealership this morning. Frankly, I thought it was a nice change of pace but presumed folks would know that you cannot legitimately purchase cars from another individual in our city. My thought process was that it could have some RP value to it / create multiple scenes with folks in the city. Sell an obviously stolen, local, vehicle for dirt cheap and get the RP out of it to be happy.

That presumption aside, I'll leave it up to the powers that be on how they handle something like this. It is common knowledge that this server does not have a dealership job for civilians to legitimately sell cars. But, then again, when someone gets scammed like this (because it is a very common practice on most other servers to buy cars through civilians / dealerships), what is the appropriate course of action?

Me, personally, I wouldn't care about $2,000 or even $5,000 for some good, solid, RP around the situation. Again, I know that cars can't be sold in that manner and also knew they were stolen local cars. But to intentionally take advantage of someone for $20,000 is a bit much for "RP value", in my opinion.

I do realize that there is potential, criminal, RP in this scenario. It's not too far fetched to have people sell stolen goods to folks who are too trusting with a comparison to IRL. It's a fine line, though, between what we consider appropriate and acceptable RP because it can happen IRL. This is a game, after all, and I personally don't feel that we should be having people take advantage of others in this manner. Just my $0.02 / personal opinion.

• Like 1