Towing and impounding

I believe the earning rate is low when there are no cops on for tow trucks. So that being said. Maybe we can put a timer on vehicles is a player goes offline. Then the tow guys can mark a vehicle and see if its ready to tow or not. Maybe put a 10min timer on them. Because that player more than likely will not make it back in if they have been gone for that long. Just a idea.

I see what you're getting at here, but here's my thoughts on it. Should a player lose connection because of something out of their control, they could sit at #1 in queue to get back in for a long time (I've sat there for 45 minutes before). With that being said, impounding their car for that simply because its been 'X' amount of minutes would be kinda annoying, imo.

However, I do think there should be some tweaks to the pay scale, maybe having random locals call and get their cars taken to impound for a nice flat fee or something. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, Gasman said:

If a player disco's in a remote location, their vehicle will despawn anyway once the server recognizes there is no need to render that section of the map anymore.

true, unless the player was out of his vehicle, and it was locked.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, Matthew Evans said:

However, I do think there should be some tweaks to the pay scale, maybe having random locals call and get their cars taken to impound for a nice flat fee or something. 

I totally dig this idea, random tow calls of locals that want their vehicles delivered to the impound lot or a garage, and getting a small fee for it, would make being a mechanic more fun, as u can actually do something while u wait for tow calls, or sit at the garage, if people want a mechanic, they will tweet it out and wait,