I love that Aircraft got added, But

So it's really cool that with 0.9 that we finally have aircraft in the server. But there's a big issue with them in my mind.

You can't view the available aircraft until you pay $200,000. What if you worked your ass of to get that 200k and you look, and the only aircraft you wanted isn't there or everything is ridiculous inflated and over priced. From what I'm told, even a simple Cessna like a middle of the row prop is over a million dollars. Maybe the prices are temporary, but that is ridiculous. A irl price would be more like 200-450k. (400-500k being more higher end).

I'm just asking for a way to view aircraft without having to buy the license first and more realistic prices. Even GTA online isn't that insane with aircraft prices.

Again though, still really appreciate and enjoy the new update.

Maybe prices are high, but if they are first hand aircraft are quite expensive things. I agree that if you did that, sure might be frustrating to see the high prices. I also went broke to get all licenses but don't  afford one at the time. Yet I think it's ok. I rather step prices so people think it twice, than a server full of aircraft... that wouldn't make sense. Some things are meant to be used in small amounts and if a high cost help to keep that down, I welcome it.

Personally I think it's just in the early steps and things will be tweaked. So I recommend using this threat to point out the good and bad sides, or even propose improvements, so we help admins make the server better for everyone.

I sure will have my own ideas about it, but for me it's too early to jump into conclusions about what works and doesn't.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tomas García said:

I rather step prices so people think it twice, than a server full of aircraft... that wouldn't make sense. Some things are meant to be used in small amounts and if a high cost help to keep that down, I welcome it.

Yes, the prices are very high, and that will never change.

This is basically the reason. Aircraft aren't meant to be something everyone can buy after a few hours. It's meant to be end-game content, and also self regulating.

The pilot license can be revoked if you abuse it. That means you lose your license, plus your million dollar aircraft. If you could buy the license and aircraft for a couple of hours of work, it would result in much more trouble than it's worth.

I understand that not being able to see the prices is frustrating. But it also takes one simple tweet, or a message on discord, to see what options and prices are there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, speed said:

The pilot license can be revoked if you abuse it. That means you lose your license, plus your million dollar aircraft. If you could buy the license and aircraft for a couple of hours of work, it would result in much more trouble than it's worth.

Not sure if you can really come up with 500k in just "a couple hours". Maybe more like a couple days.

32 minutes ago, 3 Percent Tom said:

Not sure if you can really come up with 500k in just "a couple hours". Maybe more like a couple days.

Sure an irl price may be $500k but do you also spend an hour gathering peaches for $18k? The prices are perfect for our goals and will not be changed. Its meant to be a luxury item and also the steep price helps deter unruly behavior.

• Like 2