IC expansion of fora

XZiggsX

Hey everybody,

Might it be an idea to dedicate part of the forum to IC things such as business introduction (possibly according to a format) and a place to announce events? I don't know if there already is a place for such things but an actual formal list of businesses/(gangs?) in town might be useful.

Also, a place to announce server-wide events might be fun though this could be done in-game as well. (like 'the sandy shores dirtbike race 6/11/2017 dd/mm/yyyy - or something along the lines of that).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KotaJon91 said:

This idea would be great. I mean if you want to spearhead it I can give you the list of my MC members. 

I mean, without the propper forum location I can't do much. Though it might be a good idea to create a template for business in this post (to help admins)

things like

business name:

founder :

employee:

product/service

etc?

• Like 1

I think it should have it's on category or at least be a sub group of "Badlands Life". I'm not sure what level is that. But should be a section where all is posted IC only. So it's clearly divided and any info used from there is not meta, while most of the forums are OOC and using info from it would be meta.

@XZiggsX I wouldn't enforce a stiff template since some might just want to post brief ads like those put on the press. While others might go big and completely explain their business inside out, to attract more people. So people don't have to adhere to a square format and we can see how people embrace it. Yet guidelines with suggestion and also rules sure is welcome. People need to be aware how that section should be used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomas García said:

I think it should have it's on category or at least be a sub group of "Badlands Life". I'm not sure what level is that. But should be a section where all is posted IC only. So it's clearly divided and any info used from there is not meta, while most of the forums are OOC and using info from it would be meta.

@XZiggsX I wouldn't enforce a stiff template since some might just want to post brief ads like those put on the press. While others might go big and completely explain their business inside out, to attract more people. So people don't have to adhere to a square format and we can see how people embrace it. Yet guidelines with suggestion and also rules sure is welcome. People need to be aware how that section should be used.

Category: "Badlands Life" and then "general discussion, feedback and suggestions" etc are all sub categories. So we could make a sub category named "whatever" and people could go in and do IC stuff in that section by creating topics etc. If that is what you guys are asking for and if it would meet your needs.

• Like 1

How about a sub category named "In Character" with category's like;

• Articles & Media 
  1. Breaking news (might open opportunities for a News company ran by players)
  2. Entertainment
  • Auctions house

Selling all kind of stuffs

• City Activity
  1. Advertisements 
  2. Job Postings

And while we're at it maybe a sub category named "Factions" or "groups" ordered by;

• Government Factions
  1. Los Santos Police Department
  2. Los Santos Emergency Services

• Legal factions

so people can make threads about their businesses 

• Illegal Factions

for people with a mc or gang so we know wich ones are active or not

@SneakyAzShiite @Tomas García @XZiggsX

Edited by Freebird
  • Like 1

I think the best option will be "Home >> In Character". Because at a quick view does divide better the IC section from the OOCs one. Also could only have a sub section like "Home >> In Character >> Main" (again someone more creative might choose better tittles). And that way use that only sub forum to see how people use it for later on if seems fit split it in different categories to have it better sorted based on the use given. Or like @Freebird suggested start with several sub-forums. In that case I would suggest (Section first, description later):

"Home >> In Character"
  Everything posted in this section of the forums is In Character. That means that the one posting is your in game character. Any information displayed on here has been obtained inside the game and anything read here can be used inside the game, like if you acceded to this forum section by reading the local newspaper or a in character website. Posting OOC should be avoided at all cost and if strictly necessary use (( OOC - Whatever you need to say)). Like tweets anything in this forum is also self incriminating, so if you have a not so legal business post the cover up and don't bluntly display your illegal activities.

"Home >> In Character >> Business directory"
 This section has a list of the businesses of Los Santos City and County. Only serious inquiries. Feel free to list your own in here. The owner of each business is required to keep the information updated and legitimate. If your business has to close, don't forget to update it in here.

"Home >> In Character >> The board (Ads)"
 This is a public board where you can pin down your advertisements. From a company looking to fill a job position, to a lost cat sign, passing through people offering their skills for hire, single looking for significant other or things for sale.  Remember to update your ad if the position is filled or if the ad had expired for some reason.

"Home >> In Character >> Blogs & News"

This is part of the local newspaper, digital edition, so any professional or amateur reporter can post news. Also citizens can start their own blog. Please start your post tittle with "News - Tittle of the magazine/newspaper - Tittle of the news" or "Blog - Name of your blog - Name of the post". That way people can collaborate for the same newspaper magazine, just remember to create it as a business on the Business directory.  For any generic post use the Blog option, do not post as a newspaper/magazine that has not hired you. Feel free to create your own.

That's what I comes to my head based on @Freebird & @XZiggsX idea. Feel free to take from that whatever you like and sure write the descriptions in your own way, I'm terrible with words at times. Tho one thing that I tried to do was to type the general category description ((Home >> In Character)) in ooc, so things inside there are clear. And then the description of the sub-forums are IC already or as close as I could.

• Like 2

@SneakyAzShiite Yes, I really mean another category with their own sub-fora int here like @Tomas Garcíaand @Freebird are describing.

The categories that @Tomas García is laying down are great and would work well if they have a format per post (to prevent small useless topics and keep it nice and orderly). The thing with these posts on the In character fora is that they are known to the players in-game. So if a security firm creates a post on there and links their phone number, you are able to call them using that information. Note that some elements might be marked as *private*, so possibly a firm likes to share their name and phone number but not the list of employees. This information will still be there but be marked as private.

I could write out a complete layout proposal @SneakyAzShiite possibly consulting with @Tomas García on the details. I could pitch the complete layout to you in one or two days to have a complete and logical implementation.

Also important to note down, this fora isn't mandatory to read. All information that CAN be used IC  is obtained by advertisings or posters (these can be missed by the character in-game) so there is no reason for people to check the fora if they don't want to.

*edit* With layout I mean how to submit a business proposal for the business directory, I think maintaining the ... macro layout @Tomas García is proposing is very good.

Edited by XZiggsX
Clarification.
  • Like 1

Alright me and @Tomas García worked something out, we were wondering if people were actually interested in this? We are and I know a few people who are too but just to check interests before its added. So anyone who is interested please check this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s8sr5EWqQxNDgl6RGwDW5sPqWIWEh0hZHhNu_mPMDQM/edit?usp=sharing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Giving this threat a poke. Since there was no final statement from the higher ups. @XZiggsX and me finished the suggestion with a proper document.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:27 PM, XZiggsX said:

I do understand this might be on hold because of not having business officially on the server. Yet I think that releasing this at this point wouldn't hurt. It can always be modified later on when businesses are more official. People are currently RPlaying different ones, and without a board or display it turns to mostly spamming tweets. I think this implementation could be healthy at this point and do not interfere with the final plan, whatever that one is.
Still it can be released without the businesses section at all, it that's the issue, since "Advertisements & Events" and "Blogs & News" won't have a better place to be than in the forums under a section like the one suggested.

• Like 1