[New/Replacement] Street Racing Script

Hey everyone, So i found a new-ish street racing script, Was made back in june of 2019 that i think surpasses the current /race script we have right now. No offence intended to the creator!

Here's the FiveM forum thread: https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-streetraces-multiplayer-races-with-checkpoints-hud-and-more-v1-00/601404

Here's the Repo for the script: https://github.com/bepo13/FiveM-StreetRaces

Boring stuff out of the way, Here's a Demo of the script in action by the author: https://streamable.com/bge4m

Bullet points provided by the Author

• Create unique races by adding and removing checkpoints on the map
  • Save and load recorded checkpoints by name
  • Custom HUD that displays time and checkpoints while racing
  • Preview race checkpoints after joining a race
  • Start countdown that freezes vehicle positions
  • Command to cancel race and refund money before it starts

The commands that come with it:

1. /race start amount [delay] - Start a race for money using waypoint or recorded checkpoints
    • Optional argument for delay before race starts (default 30s)
  2. /race cancel - Cancel a created race before it starts and refund money
  3. /race leave - Withdraw from the active race (no refunds)
  4. /race record - Record checkpoints using map
    • Set waypoints on the map to create checkpoints (snaps to nearest vehicle path node)
    • Double click existing checkpoints to remove
  5. /race clear - Clear recorded checkpoints
  6. /race save name - Save recorded checkpoints with name
  7. /race load name - Load recorded checkpoints with name
  8. /race delete name - Delete recorded checkpoints with name
  9. /race list - List saved checkpoints by name

Aswell as this is the same author who made the RadialMenu by the looks of it too.

I think it'd be a good addition, It'd help coordinate (Underground) Racing RP, Competition, Coordination of racing routes and so on. It'd just be good to have over-all i feel, Could even hook it into alerting the PD of street racing somehow, Really get the cops into it also. Lots of possibilities and versatility to be had with it.

• Like 5

How about we make cars go faster first ?, A banshee tops out at 110 if that and most cars w/ upgrades go 140 sometimes making supercars the only viable option If they overhauled every car to go faster ['m sure there are car packs we can get like "Realistic Driving V"] or even drift [they don't] then I would be down to join an "underground street/drift/whatever" race.

11 minutes ago, vDrop said:

A Race doesn't have to be 200 mph to be a race. 

But think of the other possible racing [roleplay] we could make IF we could go above 140 or go faster than 10 on dirt bikes while off-road, like off-road racing, highspeed racing 170+, illegal and legal drifting and underground racing like need for speed. The roleplay potential with better cars could be endless and I'm sure there would be groups willing to make said activities with scripts like this.

5 hours ago, Jordan.S said:

I agree with Sully, while more modifications, cars and customs cars are being asked for. Its not a priority, an overhauled system to bring racing more mainstream first is a good start. +1

Something worth mentioning, With the recent batch of cars added in, Speed really shouldnt be of a concern anymore, We got our double t's, super cars and so on. Just need money now.

• 2 years later...