Loss of Memory

I would love to see a memory loss rule put into place. If you’re down for any reason, even if you’re picked up by EMS, you should be required to lose your memory of any events up to 15 minutes (time can be open for discussion, of course!)

I have always found doing this is great for RP. When it comes to gang activity, imagine kidnapping another gang member, beating them unconscious, and them not remembering who did it. Now their gang is paranoid and searching for clues on who did it (maybe there’s text messages that lead to who it was) to retaliate. This creates better RP than just going out and immediately knowing who did it. This works the same for interactions with the cops. Instead of being able to know exactly who did what, they will now have to do more digging and investigating. 

I think loss of memory creates a lot more RP scenarios than being able to remember every little thing that happens, regardless of what happens to your character. This will also make people value their life more because you’re not going to want to forget things. 

Edited by Brody Rey

If you are assisted by EMS I don't believe that should lead to the loss of memory. For example if one was shot down by police and they are being assisted by EMS then technically they wouldn't be able to explain the cause of their injury because they should have forgotten. Or let's say you go down because of a very minor accident were it wouldn't make sense to loss your memory, like falling off a bicycle at a slow speed and hurting your knees. I personally can see that sort of rule being problematic during a lot of scenarios. One other possible issue would be people abusing this rule by not allowing someone to get EMS help so they forget a scenario which can get pretty iffy. I lean towards giving the role player the choice on if they want to forget or not. I personally have been involved in some RP where my character was forced to take drugs by a group he would consider his 'friends' I made the choice to say I overdosed and had no clue who did it. And that lead to a couple weeks of great RP until I eventually found out. I think that there doesn't need to be a rule that's enforced but rather an expectation for more RP focus. 

I agree with you Brody but if your helped by EMS from being unconscious (downed) you shouldn't remember from that time of being Downed. If you don't get help then I believe it should be 15 to 20 min from the unconscious state. This is my opinion on the way it should be. Hopefully this makes sense 

Edited by IDoNotGiveA

EMS or Checked in at Hosp = No Memory Loss
Respawned or Bled Out = Memory Loss. 

I don't think forcing Memory Loss will ever be a good idea, especially if you were medically taken care of. Its also taking away the RP by forcing memory loss. 

• Like 1