Need help with Gardener Job

Vetis Veeper

Hi everyone,

I've taken up the Gardener job from the job center and i'm having difficulty finding any information on the web in regards to how it all works. 

I  have purchased what i think would be the relevant tools such as a watering can, a leaf blower a shovel and a liquid container.

Leaf blower is easy to use and figure out. i found the gardening dump to cash in the collected leaves. 

When clocked in i get an option to tend to indoor potted plants but i need dirt, a watering can and water. water is listed as a third item from the watering can. I've tried filling the watering can from lakes and fountains of various depth and there are no interactions available. i tried purchasing bottled water but that made no difference. i thought perhaps a liquid container could be filled with water but again i can't fill it from a lake. Maybe there is a specific place i'm suppose to be trying to fill them? maybe liquid container is a tool for a different job and not gardening?

Also when i looked up videos on gardening mods it showed trimming hedges with a hedge trimmer as a task for this job but that was on a single player game so maybe it doesn't apply to this multi server experience. I also saw that  trees where being planted but again i can't find anything within the Badlands server indicating that's a task associated with the gardener job.

Maybe someone knows where i could take a look at the script for the jobs mod and see if there are answers there. if you have any information at all please give a shout.

• Like 1

I have said this for a while but I feel like the gardening job and some of the other civ jobs should not have to be learnt. If you were hired to do a job the boss would obviously tell you what to do or at least where to get the supplies you need to do the job. The fact that new people are wondering around to find soil for three days is crazy and defeats the point of civ jobs. I tried to look for days so don't feel bad if you can't figure it out right away ❤️

Edited by Kitty N-L-C-W-V-S-A-R-B
  • Like 2

You'll need a watering can, shovel and leaf blower which can all be put in your inventory hotbar for quick use. Purchase water bottles. Use the shovel to dig for soil. Once you have the soil, you should be able to "give love" to plants that give you a g prompt.  @Vetis Veeper

And I agree Kitty, some of the other jobs people have been able to pick up intuitively but this one people have def struggled with so feel free to use this info in game.

Edited by Mia

thank you for the help. i have been asking in game and it took me awhile to learn about the tool store and which things to buy. i found the dump on my own and it was a group effort to figure out how to get dirt.  it was just the "water" bit that was throwing me through a loop. i'll try the water bottles.  I've attempted to science the water bottles a few times already but every time i get all the ingredients my vehicle gets blow up by griefers and i have to start from scratch again.

So it did work. the shovel to get dirt is glitchy. it won't work and then it will. a few people tried it out with me and everyone seems to be struggling with getting a shovel to work. i have had it fail and succeed in the same spot. the game doesn't register a difference between concrete sidewalks and visual dirt areas. 

I have found 5 plants in game that have an interaction available when clocked in as gardener. 3 are in the main police lobby and 2 are in the pot store a couple blocks up from the station. non of them actually needed tending which is weird because i know that no one else is doing those tasks on the server right now. The plants at the hospital are plastic. It appears to me so far that turning in leaves to the dump is the only task associated with the job that earns income.