Illegal Informant Change

Kota

So idea I had was to change the way the illegal informant operates. Basically here is the idea. 

The mechanics stay the same with the small exception that only civs are the ones that get this info that way they can in RP sell it or give it to the cops. And be snitches.. You could leave the system as is and make PD pay more for not seeking out a legit informant. Maybe civs randomly see a pop up on their map they can get the info for free or small fee that would allow them to then turn around and sell it to PD or open up a more dynamic RP interaction. It would create more roleplay vs just a static mechanic that pins your map. 

#moresnitchRP

• Like 2

I like this idea but I think there would have to be a way that they get the information maybe through a text message saying "hey i've got a location if you want it" and it send randomly amongst civs. I'm a fan of more people being snitches it creates more dynamic RP amongst crims. 

+1 for sure. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrJBruh said:

I like this idea but I think there would have to be a way that they get the information maybe through a text message saying "hey i've got a location if you want it" and it send randomly amongst civs. I'm a fan of more people being snitches it creates more dynamic RP amongst crims. 

+1 for sure. 

Honestly that's even better. Moral of the idea is just to take away the static interaction and give it to players. Civs and Cops. 

• Like 1

I think cops still need a way because I really don't see that many civs snitching. Odds are if it was random text messages it would be sent to another criminal who would rather continue their grind than deal with that. With how often the cops get locations that are now inactive (at least while I was playing cop) I already hardly see them actually checking the informant.

• Like 3

I would like this more if civilian intel and or testimony's meant anything. Right now i could watch you murder someone tell the cops and they would go "well i didnt see it i cant do anything" no offense to cops they have no choice but no even a report would be taken because it would be useless and mean nothing.

10 hours ago, Dave Oneal said:

I would like this more if civilian intel and or testimony's meant anything. Right now i could watch you murder someone tell the cops and they would go "well i didnt see it i cant do anything" no offense to cops they have no choice but no even a report would be taken because it would be useless and mean nothing.

Considering that we now have detectives, forensics, and tangible evidence we can work with, this should no longer be the case. If any officers are refusing to take reports, that should be taken to internal affairs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Storrent said:

Considering that we now have detectives, forensics, and tangible evidence we can work with, this should no longer be the case. If any officers are refusing to take reports, that should be taken to internal affairs.

My cop character was murdered as two police officers watched and no report or investigating was made. I still think civilian word should mean something.