Body Cam change.

Kota

So sorta simple idea but interesting suggestion. 

Create a way to watch body cam links via the in game tablet/computers or maybe up on certain TV's (TV's for court case presentations I have seen this done other places and it's a trip to see.)

Only way to watch said content is to make a USB drive item that stores just the link. That way. IC you can physically have that footage saved somewhere. And you would need that usb item in order to view said footage. Opens up RP of people stealing or hiding evidence. Also being able to track who has viewed it in some cases for secret PD docs. 

With this it would keep all body cam info in game. No more using discord to share it person to person and is far more immersive for everyone. 

From a development stand point, being a prior person whom developed stuff; this would be nice and the more handling of IC information the better. Bodycam information, get's leaked pretty easily and when I've had private conversations with people regarding Bodycam stuff they've stated stuff and then it causes people to meta in the city and know about certain things.

This would be a good addition, but then again; it would probably take a long time to code everything from my point of view. I only develop small things for like singleplayer GTA, and I find it a bit of a struggle; but if possible this would be something that stands out aside from other cities in-regards to use of footage.

• Like 2

Definitely doable on the development side and would be an extremely great addition to the server. Would allow for a wide range of RP in regards to it being used for evidence for investigations, footage for court cases and probably a lot of other things too.

And again, like you mentioned. It would make watching bodycam footage for things a hell of a lot more immersive which is always something I want to see more of.

+1

Just thought of this, but if possible it would be nice to see if you can't take this footage from these USB devices and then edit the footage using a out-of-game source and then re-adding it to the device. This gives more room for RP in the regards to the evidence tampering charge, in a investigation for like detectives and so forth.

Edited by Rylan Amos