Being able to access stole car trunk

UnofficialA

Throwing another idea,

So, once you lockpick a car i personally believe you should be able to access its trunk storage as well. It would be cool if you lockpick a random civilian car and you check the trunk you find stuff in it. Maybe a food, drink, some random day to day life stuff and once ever 1000 or so a gun, maybe an illegal item. I fell like it would bring more life to the city because at the end of the day locals are still people and they also keep some of their stuff in the cars and leave it there.

While yes it would make more sense, I feel it will be more Targeting. I alone have been robbed for the sole purpose of the driving an RV. What would have stopped these people from checking what's inside? With no respect to reasonable RP to all parties this can get abused very quickly and don't see how this can be efficient for the community. Maybe being able to lockpick an NPC's trunk to put/remove stuff inside, I think is fine. But NOT player vehicles. 

Edited by Matthew King
  • Like 2

I'm neutral on this, I played criminal the other day and within five minutes I was robbed due to my car just being a certain color with no affiliation to a certain group. That trend continued throughout the day, being robbed multiple times for things (sometimes, only food was taken from me); King makes a valid point that I can say I agree with currently. I feel if this we're implemented it would be good yes, but some things should be looked at in-regards to criminal mindset to ensure the proper use of it and the mechanic.

I know when Robbing players came about, it lead to targeting and so forth towards individuals; that was dealt with decently quickly but stills occurs here and there. This would add fuel to the individual and more reason to mess with them, to ruin the experience. But after writing on this, I've changed my mind a decent bit; whilst I think it would be a good mechanic. I feel as though it should only be towards local vehicles at this point in time, there is enough robbing and mayhem on the streets as-it-is.

When the time is right, and citizens have the right mindset to not (Rob, rob, rob) every five minutes; and use wordplay over gunplay as-well-as not go after people just for them having the color red or, something petty then I would be down to release it to the public eye.

• Like 1

Also kind of half and half with this. With the robbing player feature implemented, of course there were occasions people robbed just to rob. However, that was expected to some degree but after a week or two that behaviour stopped, a lot of the time now from what I have personally experience, robbing players is a lot less frequent that it was when first introduced and often times there is a solid RP reasoning for it. (Taking radios/phones of hostages so they cannot call for help after the fact, or their weapon until you've done what you need to do) Obviously, robbing to rob still happens to some degree but it is a lesser occurrence now players are more understanding of the feature. 

However, when it comes to searching players vehicles, it is a different story. I know many people use vehicles to store large amounts of items, legal and illegal and some who have collectibles and rarities and even stuff that just means something to them in their vehicles. While at that point, they should know the risk of carrying items in their vehicles, I also feel like anyone should be afraid to pull out their favourite car and drive around because there is a potential they can get there possessions from the trunk removed. 

While there is a 'realism' debate, it is all about balancing at the end of the day and what would be the healthy option for the players of this server. So until a discussion is made on how to appropriately balance player to player trunk searching/robbing. I'm gonna hit this with a -1.

ALTHOUGH, the idea of local vehicle's potentially having items stashed in them randomly across the map would be something cool, at the same time lockpicks are already easily accessible so I think maybe there is a different route to take if you want to get in the trunk. Maybe making the lockpicking minigame harder in general, or lockpicks less accessible (moved to Shady Crafting etc). I know local cars are stolen constantly for many reasons but maybe there can be a way to just 'smash and grab' a local vehicles belongings instead of lockpicking it, getting in and then taking the loot. 

Just my thoughts and would love to see more discussion on this topic. Interesting suggestion for sure :D

Edited by tay
Additional text added.
  • Like 1

What about adding a "Glove Box" with less storage and making that glovebox "lootable" when you lockpick someone's car. This adds value of taking a car without getting someone's car storage if there game crashed.  Glove box could be shared with players with shared keys to the car. Making swapping items easier in a car.  Just a thought. -Sonah

• Like 2