Towing Suggestion

Nesbit

Alright, so I am new to towing, learning how to just do it yesterday and I already have a few suggestions. I learned that if you hit f4 you can pull up all the dispatch calls, the first suggestion I have is to add a timestamp to the calls so that we can know how old it is, and then the second one I have is for a way for the list to be cleared after all calls have been completed, or if the time has been too long. 

Attached below is what the list currently looks like. 

jUd47pP.png

• Like 1

EMS here, our dispatch is very similar (and I'm sure it's the same for PD).

I have to give you +9999 on that request for a timestamp.

The BadEats orders fall into the same F4 dispatch screen, where we have a way to 'x' out the old orders. From what I've experienced, closing out an order doesn't cancel it, nor does it wipe it from other workers dispatch screens. Would that be helpful for the tow dispatch?

EMS is the only time I want to keep that backlog, especially when I have police questioning me about the location, I like having the history in that case. I don't mind not being able to clear them out so long as the newest dispatch shows at the top.

If anything, our biggest headache is when a call is made, then the person moves or gives up (goes to the light, or lets someone carry them to Pillbox) before we can arrive on scene. I think tow has the same concerns, fake Tow calls n' such. Not sure how to counter that though...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yama said:

If anything, our biggest headache is when a call is made, then the person moves or gives up (goes to the light, or lets someone carry them to Pillbox) before we can arrive on scene. I think tow has the same concerns, fake Tow calls n' such. Not sure how to counter that though...

100% I can understand how that irritates you, having that been done to me where I was downed and was waiting but then some random comes up and takes me to PB even though I say not to. In the couple of days that I have been doing tow, I haven’t really had a false call (minus when someone calls for a local to be towed but then doesn’t stay anywhere near the area, thus causing it to disappear) and last night we actually had a great system going for tows. We had 4 people on the radio, we gave each-other a number and whenever a call came through we were like “number 1, 2, 3, 4 this is yours” in-fact my last call of the night had 5 cars involved in a PD thing and the cops were nice enough to stay in the area so me and my towing company could make the multiple trips for it. It was amazing.

So since we are getting more coordinated, it can really help us to be able to clear out orders even if its not for everyone but just on our side.

Edited by Nesbit
  • Like 2