Firstly i love BLRP, Secondly Hmmm

Ive been playing for about two weeks now, and i have thoughly enjoyed my time spent in your city; 

meeting various people and finding new (game)mechanics ive never seen b4. brilliant RP from police and ems.

and the fact gta cars are widely used LOVE IT.

but in the two weeks or so ive been playing everything i once enjoyed has been magically nerfed with no actual information as to why or how much they've been nerfed.
people tell me that the delivery job used to "pay too much" and say to my friend chang "you shouldnt have a super car in two weeks". But  if i put 8 hours into a game i dont expect to be able to afford a beater. if 1 minute is a month in jail. then 8 hours doing postal/delivery is 480 months of work and im getting less than an anual wage for all of that work.

is it such a problem that people are rich? i really dont understand why you'd want people to go from an enjoyable rate of money income for it to become an actual chour to make money. and yes ive heard that gods dont want people just driving round making money not talking to people and want RP rewarded more. 

so how come when i taxi 90% of my day is spent taking dannys with -0 voicebox or worse a voicebox they wish to scrape on the floor when talking to you. and i get $500 per danny........ it cost $45 for a coffee

i will say the other 10% of wonderful people i meet in my taxi fully make up for the danny's

there are some wonderful people in this city and im very thankful for them, and the devs who bring us said city

im arriving at my point now sorry

if you're going to mess with the econmy. make sure you've added things up first. just dropping the wages of jobs doesnt help it just makes the rich richer and the poor no chance of ever making it.

for instance you've lowered income but all prices on everything stay the same, you've doubled the gap by doing it this way.

• Like 3

Sorry to burst your bubble but nothing here will be done “once and for all”. We have thousands of players, new things and metas are discovered all the time and constantly adjusted for. Staff team is always monitoring things like vehicle performance and pay outs and adjusting them as needed, everything goes through a cycle of getting buffed or nerfed depending on what’s going on in the city.

• Like 4

Things move, just like real-life; you can't expect drugs and etc and or opportunity to just sit at the same place without changing of rates and etc. That is like stating "Oh, hey I got a golden platter just for me". No, everyone has the hardships of finding the things IC. Took me weeks of looking just to get what I wanted, without the help of others and some money well spent. Money is one thing yes, RP is another. :)

no bubbles have been burst at all, this is just the opinion of myself. 

I understand things change all the time bound to happen.
its just things have changed ALOT in the two weeks ive been here.

and i do try to RP more than grind, ie taxi service, helping out danny's.... if they speak lol

thank you again to who make Sanjay happy :) 

hope you all have a wonderful day

• 2 weeks later...

The job pay rate and the economy are always going to be a little bit off and need adjusting. I remember the topic being covered in the discord community meeting. New jobs have been added as they said, old jobs would be re evaluated and are being done so now. Numbers have to be crunched and many hours of peoples lives go into testing each job. It will always be an on going task. That being said It really does feel like the guys up top have come down hard across the board. I understand the motivation is to encourage roleplay and to fight inflation during an every changing population but please consider the following while trying to remember what it was like so very long ago to move into this city and trying to just survive.

Income Cuts

* Drug locations have been shut down in a rotation constantly for several months. Yes criminals should stop giving the information to the cops so damn easily because this is what will happen if you do. However drugs are the main source of income for the majority of the population. That drug money trickles and feeds the rest of us providing goods and services. 

* Robberies  NPC Store owners hold less cash in the safe or goods on hand to be taken. It makes sense since they where getting robbed constantly. It's surprising they can manage to still operate at those losses right? Well its been brought up many times as a concern by admin that people are "cash grabbing" with no intent to roleplay.  Timers have been extended, robbery procedures where altered and now pay out has been reduced. If you're group gets caught its a big financial hit betweens guns, armor, performance enhancing drugs, fines, vehical impounds and hospital bills. It's going to take a long time to get that money back to do something fun again if you're slingin crack or punching in at the Job Center.

* Job Center income was between $1k - 20K an hour depending on which one you did. All top paying jobs have been cut. 

Cost of Living Increases

* Fines have increased significantly because to many criminals where willing to go to jail in a constant cycle of rampage/prison/rampage with minimal and repetitive roleplay. Yes fine increases has worked but it also increased the cost of life for most of the cities population across the board.

* Gun Prices have gone up up up. Guns are just a mandatory cost of being a criminal. MK2 are fine for everyday walking around but are just ridiculous to bring during any task of importance. Do you remember when the most expensive kick ass gun was $40K? And we thought THAT was a lot. Cops are gonna take them, its the first thing someone grabs when they are robbing you. Guns are a large source of income for people doing group rp which we want but are also a large expense. Guns are paid for with drug money not job center pennies. Guns also feed the scavenger population of our city. They work hard during the down time of our server when most of you are at work or asleep. That time of the day on the server has always struggled to have enough people around to roleplay.

*Food.....$8 for a beer is now $40. Most of you old timers came into the city living off of very cheap and very filling cigarettes/ice tea from convenient stores. People filled a trunk with heart stoppers and had food for the month. It wasn't realistic or balanced but it was easy. Taco's take up so much weight even if you are willing to cook for yourself now. Peaches have actually become a valid option to cheaply live even with the long hike up north. You will starve/thirst to death trying to pick trash for food.  Yes I want restaurants in the city. Its so great that we have them and I hope we get a few more. I'm just stating my opinion that it is very expensive to feed yourself now and that was not such a financial concern previously.

My point it that its hard out there right now. I realize these changes have been made to try and shape the city into a roleplay friendly environment but the squeeze is feeling a little tight to our new and mid level friends. 

• Like 3

I don't quite understand what the admins want. Everything costs money, yet they constantly raise prices and lower incomes. They want us to have fun through RP, instead of grinding for money, right? So why not make it EASIER to earn money so that we don't HAVE to grind? That way, we don't have to worry about money as much, and can focus on RP.

For example, if you're robbing a bank, it's because you like the RP scenario, not because you want the money.

Am I just naïve? 

In a way one could argue you're being naive as people have witnessed chain robberies. I can't say I have fully witnessed one group hit a spot and another and another. But because it has happened and inevitably will happen, we get decisions like the current monetary nerfs. 

There is another post where I mention a few glaring issues with pay scales. Here is a link. 

It doesn't cover everything, but it's a portion of the bigger picture. 

• Like 1

Any time I see someone upset with the economy, I point to the people who don't have legal or illegal jobs, and just roleplay, whilst collecting the $125 checks. Sure, you can't afford a super car, but you start with 15k. That'll buy you something to get around with. Then, it's up to you to have fun. 

Idk. 

• Like 1

This topic comes around on a regular basis, we get a new influx of player and unfortunately, majority want to get rich fast. Is the economy perfect? No. Is it being constantly monitored and tweaked to try and find a balance? Yes. Badlands has grown alot in recent months, and people forget whilst we have an extremely dedicated staff team, it's a small team.

These tweaks take time, it takes time to collect data and analyse what is, or isn't working. Nor can you just hire more staff, as Badlands has always chose carefully, and rightfully so, it's a vital role they play as staff.

Instead of worrying about the money, enjoy the content there is, make constructive suggestions on how to add more content, or improve the economy. Staff im sure would love, viable, well crafted input into solutions for economy balance. Rather than " I can't make money fast enough, things are to expensive"

I urge new and old, to focus on the character they build, we all can't be super rich high flyers, there is no diversity in that. Lavish in the freedom to mold something truly unique. Drive that banged up sedan, as you struggle to hold down a job, live in that side alley, rummaging through bins for food.

Be a failing entrepreneur, who can't admit defeat and lives on the bread line, throwing their money at whacky ideas, and failing startups. Live the life that suits the character.

Rant over :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jordan.S said:

Instead of worrying about the money, enjoy the content there is, make constructive suggestions on how to add more content, or improve the economy. Staff im sure would love, viable, well crafted input into solutions for economy balance. Rather than " I can't make money fast enough, things are to expensive"

OP did analyze one job. They mention that the time spent does not reward enough to purchase sustenance. That is the only point they are making. They didn't mention the higher priced eatery items either. They are merely pointing out that the taxi job is...borderline poverty. Their argument is a little disheveled but you can still understand the point they're making. As for content that exists...a lot of it revolves around some sort of monetary wealth. Goods and services. Cover charges from events. 

I urge new and old, to focus on the character they build, we all can't be super rich high flyers, there is no diversity in that. Lavish in the freedom to mold something truly unique. Drive that banged up sedan, as you struggle to hold down a job, live in that side alley, rummaging through bins for food.

This response is also short sighted. I understand you said you "urge" players, but not everyone wants to create a character that is on or below the poverty line. To try and dictate how people play their character is not a good look. We already see banged up sedans and rust buckets being driven by newer players and some veterans. Some people want to, at the least, appear to be well off, or have a more reliable vehicle to maneuver through the streets of San Andreas. OP is stating that it is difficult to balance RP, monetary wealth, and sustenance when available jobs don't pay out a livable wage. 

Be a failing entrepreneur, who can't admit defeat and lives on the bread line, throwing their money at whacky ideas, and failing startups. Live the life that suits the character.

Many have heard this quote:
"It takes money, to make money." 

Based on that logic someone can't be an entrepreneur when you'll lose more than you gain working these "bread line" jobs. 

It is a difficult balancing act but to reduce someone's time and effort at pointing out that it is a little difficult to create a sustainable life is also a bad look. In the thread there have been two to three others giving supporting evidence to OPs claim. Cost of living is up, wages are down. That is the general evidence people have collected and corroborated about. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phvntom said:

nstead of worrying about the money, enjoy the content there is, make constructive suggestions on how to add more content, or improve the economy. Staff im sure would love, viable, well crafted input into solutions for economy balance. Rather than " I can't make money fast enough, things are to expensive"

OP did analyze one job. They mention that the time spent does not reward enough to purchase sustenance. That is the only point they are making. They didn't mention the higher priced eatery items either. They are merely pointing out that the taxi job is...borderline poverty. Their argument is a little disheveled but you can still understand the point they're making. As for content that exists...a lot of it revolves around some sort of monetary wealth. Goods and services. Cover charges from events. 

This response is also short sighted. I understand you said you "urge" players, but not everyone wants to create a character that is on or below the poverty line. To try and dictate how people play their character is not a good look. We already see banged up sedans and rust buckets being driven by newer players and some veterans. Some people want to, at the least, appear to be well off, or have a more reliable vehicle to maneuver through the streets of San Andreas. OP is stating that it is difficult to balance RP, monetary wealth, and sustenance when available jobs don't pay out a livable wage. 

Many have heard this quote:
"It takes money, to make money." 

Based on that logic someone can't be an entrepreneur when you'll lose more than you gain working these "bread line" jobs. 

It is a difficult balancing act but to reduce someone's time and effort at pointing out that it is a little difficult to create a sustainable life is also a bad look. In the thread there have been two to three others giving supporting evidence to OPs claim. Cost of living is up, wages are down. That is the general evidence people have collected and corroborated about. 

the feedback, Maybe my wording didn't provide enough clarity on my aspect of it all. 100% I am in agreement that there are current jobs that need more detailed evaluating to be adjusted, or even reworked, as obviously these jobs, taxi as the example provide RP in themselves. I'm not trying to take away from their point that there is room for improvement in the economy.

My Point around focusing more on the RP than the money, is that not only in Badlands but across majority of Fivem, a large portion of player bases want to make money, and make it fast, to own the flashy cars, and live the high life. Whilst there is nothing wrong with that, and people can play their character obviously, any way they wish. It falls down to more character consistency, yes we aren't a server striving for ultra realism, but the community is built around a lot of great story lines, and general genuine, well felt interactions.

I don't believe it's short sighted to look for more diversity in our player base and see people experiment more with what possibilities there are. Again it wasn't a statement to be forceful or naïve, I fully see that people ultimately want to use their money, hard earned as it stands, on the finer things in the server, usually being houses, and cars, may that not be in line with the character, or realistically the earnings they would have.

My opinions in their entirety I suppose can be summarised into this, this community has seen it's up and downs, has grown and climbed back to where it is now, from being shut down. The staff team, dev's and our players have put in masses of effort and continue to do so. We need to be open minded in our thinking, buying the finer things in the server should take time, months I believe to actually to earn, it gives you a goal to achieve without making it too easy.

Allow for the server to continue to mature, understandably as I mentioned it's a small team in comparison to other communities of a similar size, and the staff I'm sure don't want to rush into making adjustments that could swing the economy to harshly the other way. As we know from past jobs, Meta's are easily formed, and before you know it, everyone and their aunty is doing it to get the cash, it's been proven time and again.

Undeniably the Taxi job needs a buff, and I'm sure if you place in a ticket, or request an audience with the staff to bring forward the evidence it will be addressed. But let's as a community be better, individually and as a group, push each other to break past that barrier of economy, there are hundreds of scenario's to be had, long and short.  

Edited by Jordan.S

54 minutes ago, Jordan.S said:

the feedback, Maybe my wording didn't provide enough clarity on my aspect of it all. 100% I am in agreement that there are current jobs that need more detailed evaluating to be adjusted, or even reworked, as obviously these jobs, taxi as the example provide RP in themselves. I'm not trying to take away from their point that there is room for improvement in the economy.

My Point around focusing more on the RP than the money, is that not only in Badlands but across majority of Fivem, a large portion of player bases want to make money, and make it fast, to own the flashy cars, and live the high life. Whilst there is nothing wrong with that, and people can play their character obviously, any way they wish. It falls down to more character consistency, yes we aren't a server striving for ultra realism, but the community is built around a lot of great story lines, and general genuine, well felt interactions.

I don't believe it's short sighted to look for more diversity in our player base and see people experiment more with what possibilities there are. Again it wasn't a statement to be forceful or naïve, I fully see that people ultimately want to use their money, hard earned as it stands, on the finer things in the server, usually being houses, and cars, may that not be in line with the character, or realistically the earnings they would have.

My opinions in their entirety I suppose can be summarised into this, this community has seen it's up and downs, has grown and climbed back to where it is now, from being shut down. The staff team, dev's and our players have put in masses of effort and continue to do so. We need to be open minded in our thinking, buying the finer things in the server should take time, months I believe to actually to earn, it gives you a goal to achieve without making it too easy.

Allow for the server to continue to mature, understandably as I mentioned it's a small team in comparison to other communities of a similar size, and the staff I'm sure don't want to rush into making adjustments that could swing the economy to harshly the other way. As we know from past jobs, Meta's are easily formed, and before you know it, everyone and their aunty is doing it to get the cash, it's been proven time and again.

Undeniably the Taxi job needs a buff, and I'm sure if you place in a ticket, or request an audience with the staff to bring forward the evidence it will be addressed. But let's as a community be better, individually and as a group, push each other to break past that barrier of economy, there are hundreds of scenario's to be had, long and short.  

Some RP scenarios require cash.

If I want to RP as a business owner? I need cash for the application.

If I want to throw a party at a mansion? I need cash for the mansion.

If I want to RP as a philanthropic millionaire? I need millions in cash.

If I want to RP as someone who has a fancy car? I need cash to afford the car.

If I want to RP as a career criminal? I need cash for the guns, ammo, and getaway cars.

Some people literally can't afford the RP scenario that they want to do. Cash is the limiting factor. 

38 minutes ago, Zynthia said:

Some RP scenarios require cash.

If I want to RP as a business owner? I need cash for the application.

If I want to throw a party at a mansion? I need cash for the mansion.

If I want to RP as a philanthropic millionaire? I need millions in cash.

If I want to RP as someone who has a fancy car? I need cash to afford the car.

If I want to RP as a career criminal? I need cash for the guns, ammo, and getaway cars.

Some people literally can't afford the RP scenario that they want to do. Cash is the limiting factor.

Oh there is indeed a requirement for the cash flow, to allow for a lot of difference types of RP, I didn't deny that. The summary of my views is that there is a whole world of scenarios that do not require cash, that can provide the same enjoyment. I fully understand RP has an individual meaning to each person, and what theu want to achieve from it.

Economy management is probably the hardest thing to manage in a fivem Community. Ultimately the longer the server is, the wealthier the population become, bringing its own complexities. But trying to keep that balance and a somewhat realistic outcome is a tall task.

The economy has had many different evolutions throughout Badlands history and will I'm sure, have more to come.

• Like 1