Suggestion: Grocery Store

Josie

As someone who works actively at a restaurant and has for months, I feel like removing our "pantry" to purchase our smaller ingredients and moving them to a grocery store such as Willie's in Paleto would be a good addition to restaurant RP. This would require there to be attention to supply levels beyond just meat, and with our larger size business storage is actually possible now. Items from the 24/7 that would make more sense at a grocery store (drink packs/taco kits) could also be moved here.

I do understand that due to Paleto being gang territory that Willie's may in theory not be the best, however it does have the best store front. I also feel we need more things brought up to the county, so if there's any way to revert Wonderama Arcade in Grapeseed to the Supermarket, that would also be pretty cool.

Even better: Either have the purchase circles on different aisles based on categories of items, or if shelves have visible items use third eye.

Note: I don't think it should be a player owned/run thing just because it would be a snoozefest.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Lion_Luke said:

+100 and yes it should be in Paleto. Get some more traffic that way, gives The Lost some more RP as well. 

It was just brought up to me that if someone has beef with the Lost they'd be screwed, however I highly doubt they'd block someone from using a grocery store simply due to the fact it does bring more RP and they're a respectable group in my experience. 

+1 to the grocery store and the farming job! Great job idea, incentive to travel to Paleto and maybe it could even have exclusive snacks like veggie pots or granola bars you can't get anywhere else!

I know Kate would LOVE to visit the farms, talk to the farmers, admire the tractors and reminisce on her days as a farmer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jen said:

It was just brought up to me that if someone has beef with the Lost they'd be screwed, however I highly doubt they'd block someone from using a grocery store simply due to the fact it does bring more RP and they're a respectable group in my experience. 

Personally I would welcome that store with open arms and I personally don't think people need to worry about people blocking them from using that location. It would be dick move 1000 to do such. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There used to be a resident of LS that wanted to open a grocery store. I think it would have lots of opportunity for someone to have legal business deals with a vast amount of the populace. People could sell their fish there, Hunters of coarse, the cattle ranch could be worked in somehow, people could grow the corn, deliver the peaches and grapes, maybe be a central point for buying and selling jute between players. OOoo sell players a chicken coup that they could collect eggs from!! It would open up a whole new criminal job of chicken coop bandits. I can just see the  yellow jack crew in black masks jumping over yard fences  stealing eggs in the middle of the night >.<\

Considering a grocery store wouldn't be a class A business there would be opportunity for illegal business if the business owner wanted to risk it and pursue that type of roleplay. Weed, Ergot, Peyote, yeast, maybe some coke leaves as it is a plant. Opium is shown as a red flower so maybe they have a florist section at the grocery store. Every time the topic  has come up while in character everyone had positive responses to the idea of having a grocery store in our beloved city. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:29 PM, Kota said:

Personally I would welcome that store with open arms and I personally don't think people need to worry about people blocking them from using that location. It would be dick move 1000 to do such. 

Do you know Lost MC? Yes it would be monitored, blocked, you have to call 15 minutes in advance in order to be able to shop there, you'll get shot at if you're speeding on your way to or from the grocery store, or shot at if you are driving a vehicle they don't feel is a proper grocery shopping style of vehicle, etc...

lol

/me grabs popcorn!

+1 for shopping centers equal placed about
-1 for making it only in Paleto

Edited by lords8n
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:55 PM, lords8n said:

Do you know Lost MC? Yes it would be monitored, blocked, you have to call 15 minutes in advance in order to be able to shop there, you'll get shot at if you're speeding on your way to or from the grocery store, or shot at if you are driving a vehicle they don't feel is a proper grocery shopping style of vehicle, etc...

lol

/me grabs popcorn!

I can actually agree to this a bit. I legit was enroute to a call at the Blaine County bank, had to repair my vehicle was going like 40 because I had slowed down to turn in and all the lost at their mechanic shop across from the bank were over by the gas pumps watching and cheering, then come over to me and yell at me to slow the hell down and that I would of hit them. I was up against the side of the fence, nowhere near the gas station at all and I looked before I even pulled in. So it is a -1 for me on it being only in Paleto.

Edited by Nesbit
spelling errors.
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 2:55 AM, lords8n said:

lol

/me grabs popcorn!

On 10/12/2021 at 5:29 PM, Kota said:

With that being stated,

Not everyone is this way, and I HIGHLY doubt they would block you from buying food, as someone whom has been around them a lot; The whole calling 15 minutes in advance or something is for a completely different thing, and once again I very much doubt they'd do that to a simple food store as Kota stated.

"you'll get shot at if you're speeding on your way to or from the grocery store, or shot at if you are driving a vehicle they don't feel is a proper grocery shopping style of vehicle, etc..."

This statement you stated as-well, is just absurd in my opinion. This is clearly marking this group as a Gun hungry group that does Gunplay over Wordplay, as someone whom has been around them and done stuff with them, whilst I don't speak for them; they choose words first before shooting unless attacked upon/threatened from my experiences. Sure they can be aggressive with words but that doesn't disregard the fact.

I will state once again, that you can still have opinion but I'm simply providing what I've seen and I would LOVE to see these and for you to show examples of when these have occurred.

I will be honest here, if you shoot at someone whom isn't driving a vehicle they think is fit for a grocery shopping spree; then you the player need to really rethink what you are doing by shooting at them, as that is very non conductive and shows ZERO rp benefit to either party and should be reportable depending on the situation. I personally would find that such a dick move to do, and unenjoyable.

Edited by Nikki Delores

As trucking has become a lot more profitable and seemingly a lot more content giving, I 100% would love to see transport trucks going from and to the grocery stores placed about, giving a spice of RP and more income that way, hell people could even make local transporting companies on top of that. So yeah.

+1 from me.