Going Whitelisted

I think maybe during certain times enabling whitelisting would be ok, but I don’t think it should be full time, maybe whitelist que prio? I just feel as someone who’s been here a long time full whitelisting wouldn’t feel right, I don’t really have a good reason other then nostalgia though lol 

The only reason I'm going to agree and only partially is on a full whitelisting. Its either white listing, or not. Maybe one day have a whitelisting server and a public server, maybe. but for the longest time Badlands has always been a Public Server, I do understand this prevents us from doing certain things, but I think Badlands is great and honestly its fun (sometimes) dealing with new folks. 

• Like 1

Just a dude's opinion here... I see what you are saying about quality of RP being much better with going full whitelist... I agree that it would.... However.... 

I feel that things would get pretty stale pretty fast. The people dedicated to this city would keep it populated for quite some time. But I imagine that new blood would be slow to trickle in after a while. At that point you would end up with some pretty entrenched groups since recruitment and people coming and going wouldn't be as high as it is now. For gangs this would equate to new members mostly being simply alts of other groups who probably know locations and shit already... so no 'prove yourself' phase or having to teach members the ropes so to speak. And let's be real... even with no meta allowed... too much cross-pollination will create leaks here and there... As much as we all want to believe everyone here 100% keeps characters separate, shit happens.

Also... we would be missing out on some amazing people. I for one did not apply for whitelist until I was in city for over 6 months or so. I believe we would miss out on tremendous talent by locking the server to whitelist. I definitely would not have joined if it was REQUIRED to submit paperwork and wait for an approval. At least now people come and go, and if they enjoy it here they can... if they want... apply for whitelist. They can dip a toe and see if they like the water you know. 

Anyways... Cheers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Titus said:

Just a dude's opinion here... I see what you are saying about quality of RP being much better with going full whitelist... I agree that it would.... However.... 

I feel that things would get pretty stale pretty fast. The people dedicated to this city would keep it populated for quite some time. But I imagine that new blood would be slow to trickle in after a while. At that point you would end up with some pretty entrenched groups since recruitment and people coming and going wouldn't be as high as it is now. For gangs this would equate to new members mostly being simply alts of other groups who probably know locations and shit already... so no 'prove yourself' phase or having to teach members the ropes so to speak. And let's be real... even with no meta allowed... too much cross-pollination will create leaks here and there... As much as we all want to believe everyone here 100% keeps characters separate, shit happens.

Also... we would be missing out on some amazing people. I for one did not apply for whitelist until I was in city for over 6 months or so. I believe we would miss out on tremendous talent by locking the server to whitelist. I definitely would not have joined if it was REQUIRED to submit paperwork and wait for an approval. At least now people come and go, and if they enjoy it here they can... if they want... apply for whitelist. They can dip a toe and see if they like the water you know. 

Anyways... Cheers. 

Good points brought up! Thanks titus

• Like 1