Inventory UI Controls

SONIC

When we look into our inventory are we able to change the initial number to 1 instead of 0? There is a lot of time we only want to pick up 1 item and not the full stack. I believe the Ctrl + click would get the whole stack. Having it as 1 would be more efficient

The inventory was changed from 1 to 0 because it's more common to drag an entire stack than it is not. I'd say by a good 80-90% more often. You have to think about police, grinders, etc. However we can look at adding a hotkey that can move only 1 at a time or let it stick. And the control clicking is there yes, but when it comes to evidence and some other things most of the time you want to sort items while dragging. The control click was added mainly for grinders, but still have other things to worry about. But like I said, can look into adding an easier way to just get one of an item. 

I agree with default to 1 and ctrl, or whatever, to move whole stack, and possibly even a key+drag for half stack. That seems logical to me.
The entire flow of inventory item movement should be designed around your most intense situations and all others adjust from there. Grinders and PD aren't necessarily involved in an intense situation...they are just in a hurry.

Think about those in shootouts...
"I'm out of armor!" "Here take this!" ...
Currently means opening your inventory changing the 0 to 1 then performing the "give" operation.
Should be: Open inventory throw the armor on give and GO!

or

"I'm out of ammo" "here take half of mine" ...
Currently means opening your inventory changing 0 to half of whatever ammo you currently have then performing the give operation.
Should be: Open inventory hold half stack key throw ammo on give and GO!

Defaulting to dragging the entire stack, while certainly convenient in some situations, should be a <kay>+drag with another half stack variant.

If I remember correctly, Alt-clicking a stack will change the amount your grabbing to the size of the stack you click on, might be what you're looking for. For instance, I can click on something that doesn't stack, like a fire extinguisher and then I'm moving items 1 at a time.

It's an extra step, and won't work if you don't have any stacks of 1, but might help in the meantime instead of typing 1 in the box.

So I think what might be getting missed here is that with items being able to stack, if the quantity by default is set to 1, when you try to move items around in the inventory it will move only one of it. This was also a big reason it was changed, since stacking was added. You will quickly get irritated at trying to move items around each time the inventory is open realizing you have to change the quantity every time. However; tracking what you guys are suggesting and may try to implement other helpers to make it easier. I know it feels a little reverse, but it is like that because in general it makes a bit more sense. 

15 hours ago, syn said:

Maybe left click to grab full stack and right click to only grab one?

Sadly I can't detect right/left in fiveM for some reason. I might just be doing it wrong. 

Edited by Rizz