LS Tuners business...

I can see how they would need to repair cars in order to work on them sometimes, but I feel they should not be out advertising and offering just straight repairs. We sit at Hayes for hours on end and especially lately it has been slow, so when we see ads for $300-$500 repairs being offered there, its very frustrating. Would also like to add people have been turned down for ownership of other mechanic shops because there is so many shops already(this was even before LST was around). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richie Jax said:

You specifically mentioned the tuner shop taking cosmetic business so I’m confused. 

From my understanding, and I have been paying close attention as it concerns Phil and some close friends, the tuner shop was originally, and only, supposed to do upgrades (the one's that dealers would do for the additional 44k or whatever...engine, turbo, etc...).
But now they are advertising for, and doing, cosmetics (spoilers, exhaust, bumpers, etc...)  and mechanics work.

9 minutes ago, Lion_Luke said:

Well perhaps limit cosmetic upgrades to tuner vehicles. So not regular cars, muscle cars, bikes, etc.

Honestly, as Mike has touched on, my concern is mainly with advertised business level mechanic work being done through the tuner shop.
I mentioned cosmetics as well because it seems that it's not what the original arrangement was when the tuner shop first arrived.
In fact, from day one the tuner shop did not do cosmetics or repairs, but seemed to always have the ability, and has slowly began to adopt those features into their business model.

2 hours ago, lords8n said:

From my understanding, and I have been paying close attention as it concerns Phil and some close friends, the tuner shop was originally, and only, supposed to do upgrades (the one's that dealers would do for the additional 44k or whatever...engine, turbo, etc...).
But now they are advertising for, and doing, cosmetics (spoilers, exhaust, bumpers, etc...)  and mechanics work.

Tuner shop since opening has had cosmetic upgrades as well as the ability to repair, both of which were decided originally. This was discussed prior to release with owners of dealerships at one point or another.

Edited by tay

15 minutes ago, tay said:

Tuner shop since opening has had cosmetic upgrades as well as the ability to repair, both of which were decided originally. This was discussed prior to release with owners of dealerships at one point or another.

So it was always planned to offer repair services? By that I mean JUST repairing a vehicle, not repairing a vehicle so you can do cosmetics/upgrades.

4 minutes ago, mjhac said:

So it was always planned to offer repair services? By that I mean JUST repairing a vehicle, not repairing a vehicle so you can do cosmetics/upgrades.

Offering repair services? Not exactly. Ability to repair? Absolutely

9 minutes ago, tay said:

I don't understand, in a market that has already denied people owning other mechanic shops because the market is saturated, do you choose to add another mechanic shop?
Hayes is independent. It's not gang owned with a team (gang) of people that engage in other various activities, but are commonly bound to the mechanic shop by their affiliation alone.

I can't maintain an employee base if the employees aren't making money. And i've done enough of sitting in that mechanic shop alone for hours on end to attempt to keep it open and relevant in the community. You're an admin...you've had to have noticed the crazy Chinese dude sitting at Hayes day after day, hour after hour over the last nine months? I need active employees so I can do other things. I think i've paid my dues and did my time in that place. Isn't it enough I have to complete with Elgin's $500 repair because they were instructed to do so by someone that "didn't care about money and just wants interactions?" Now I have to deal with LST advertising $300-$500 repairs and operating as an active mechanic shop for what...the interactions?

1 minute ago, lords8n said:

I don't understand, in a market that has already denied people owning other mechanic shops because the market is saturated, do you choose to add another mechanic shop?
Hayes is independent. It's not gang owned with a team (gang) of people that engage in other various activities, but are commonly bound to the mechanic shop by their affiliation alone.

I can't maintain an employee base if the employees aren't making money. And i've done enough of sitting in that mechanic shop alone for hours on end to attempt to keep it open and relevant in the community. You're an admin...you've had to have noticed the crazy Chinese dude sitting at Hayes day after day, hour after hour over the last nine months? I need active employees so I can do other things. I think i've paid my dues and did my time in that place. Isn't it enough I have to complete with Elgin's $500 repair because they were instructed to do so by someone that "didn't care about money and just wants interactions?" Now I have to deal with LST advertising $300-$500 repairs and operating as an active mechanic shop for what...the interactions?

The Tuner advertising repairs will seize but repair ability will remain. Never the intention to promote as a 'mechanic shop' other than the tuning aspects of mechanical work. 

• Like 4

I appreciate your willingness to address the concerns regarding the advertising. I can now only hope that like how most things are supposed to function in the city in regards to word of mouth/interactions that even though the advertising might stop the word is already out they have the ability to do it, and do it at a cheaper price because they are generating revenue from other more profitable services they have access too. 

I suppose it would only effect the long term members of the community vs those that are coming into the city for their first time now the promotion has been stopped. 

• 1 month later...

I no i am a nobody here but i did notice a huge decline in buisness over the past few days/week been trying to work with all the other shops not but heads and have realationships with the owners  as i am a self contrator basiclally in mirror park life has been really good honnestly  the locals treat me good and have built good amazing realationships with them! I wasnt aware that elgin had dropped there prices again sounds like a gang is trying to run it lol and maybe the tuner shop is affecting my buisness as well not sure but im still steady enough but here is serg's thoughts im newer here so honestly this migt make no sence! Here We go!

The dealerships should have access too basic paint jobs and some some cosmetics.

Tuners get upgrades and widebodies no repairs .

Hayes gets cosmetics, aftermarket lights and wax and repairs.

305 maybe custom tires shop and repair shop and maybe paint shop

Biker shops for bike work upgrades and cosmetics bike shops can repair anything  might need more

Serg's auto pressure washer car wash and repairs with faster tools something else maybe would really.like to beable to clock in at work lol

I feel that there are some things missing in the city that would be amazing for everyone!! i no it sounds like there are too many shops but if each buisness offered something unique then everyone will win! We are all in this together we need to work together to grow!  It seems like badlands is on the rise becoming more and more populated with the top notch goverment there can only be success! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dmpca said:

I always thought LS customs did cosmetics? i mean ill get work done at tuners if im already there getting a wide body kit and upgrades, it is what it is, but most times ill get tuner upgrades at tuners, and then cosmetics at LS customs.

We do indeed do cosmetics, only thing we don’t do is colored under glow and head lights.

Oh, I thought The tuners could only do the engine stuff, and the car dealerships dealt with cosmetics. Cosmetic adjustments happen a lot, but you only go to tune up a few times, then you're done, so it makes sense for Tuners to expand staff to maintain better coverage, as well as possibly get a small raise to encourage people to spend the extra time waiting between visits from prospective customers? Also, exclusives wins customers faster than anything else ^

14 hours ago, Austin Moretti said:

We do indeed do cosmetics, only thing we don’t do is colored under glow and head lights.

yeah thats what i thought, only time i ever got tuners to do anything is when i get say a wide body done and upgrades, but i mean its cheaper to do cosmetics at LSC anyway bcuz 20% off plus i look at it in my head as same as IC

Dealership = get car

Tuners = Performance

Customs = Body work

Mechanics = Fix

and then you have hayes for lights, and thats how i been doing it, doesnt make sense to get all one spot if there is multiple

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dmpca said:

yeah thats what i thought, only time i ever got tuners to do anything is when i get say a wide body done and upgrades, but i mean its cheaper to do cosmetics at LSC anyway bcuz 20% off plus i look at it in my head as same as IC

Dealership = get car

Tuners = Performance

Customs = Body work

Mechanics = Fix

and then you have hayes for lights, and thats how i been doing it, doesnt make sense to get all one spot if there is multiple

+1 for sure 100 percent agree.

• Like 1