RE: Incident from Weed Field 7/28/17

SneakyAzWhat

General Thoughts:

Speed wrote this up, we both reviewed the reports with attached evidence and came to the same conclusion. He posted it but the thread from last night was removed due to going completely off the rails. There were a lot of comments from the same people stating "we aren't listening" or "don't know how to run a community" etc. Either the people making those statements are blinded by their feeling of being wronged or have evolving and constant unattainable expectations. We have worked hard to change things and adjust our game mechanics based on feedback.

Things are still being planned and adjusted so don't treat this like buying a product that isn't as advertised. We are discussing a solution that both brings a little more value to lives but also doesn't force players to surrender just because they are outnumbered. That behavior can become extremely toxic and ruin the experience for others on the server.

Final Note before quoting speed:

The reaction in voice chat, /ooc chat, discord and the forums is not conducive to a welcoming and friendly community. From this point on such behavior will be strictly moderated. At some point in time we will all feel wronged, mistreated, upset and angry about the outcome or proceedings of a situation. There are appropriate avenues to report those situations (player reporting section). If you have a problem with any of the contents in this post or our current established rules then it may not be in your best interest to stick around. Gaming is supposed to be fun and we all like different flavors, find yours. ^_^

http://badlandsrp.com/index.php?/forum/4-rules-and-announcements/

@speed """""""I'm going to keep this short and simple, and then close this topic afterwards because this topic is quickly turning into an incoherent mess of several different conversations. If you want to continue the discussion, feel free to create a new topic or PM me.

With respect to cops valuing their lives -

Yes, we obviously expect our officers to value their lives. That means not bum rushing targets and getting themselves in situations that will most likely get them killed. There is more that we can do to expand on the rules, and we will in time.

However, with the situation that is being talked about in this thread, I would honestly not say that the officers acted inappropriately. Frankly, if this was planned like you said it was, this is probably the sloppiest hostage attempt I've ever witnessed. At no point, until weapons were brandished and shooting started, was it clear what your intentions were. I would have reacted the exact same way in this situation, and I don't think it's unreasonable for the cops to attempt to defend themselves given that there was zero clarity as to what was happening.

Think about it like this, if you were a cop in real life, and another vehicle hit your car and someone got out with a gun, would you just lay down your weapon and give up? I would say that person is not a very good cop, and it would make them appear to be pretty weak. Because of the timing of your demands, there was no way for them to know what it was that you were trying to do, or just how many people there were with you.

With respect to cops breaking rules/doing illegal activities -

This one is really quite simple. Report it, and action will be taken.

At the end of the day -

This is a game. We're all here to have fun.

That said -

We are working hard to flesh out our rules and make this server as fun as possible. However...

• If you immediately break RP and start complaining after something goes against your plans, this isn't the server for you.
  • If you spend more time complaining about perceived injustices than actually playing the game, this isn't the server for you.

It's going to take time to get the community to the point we've envisioned. We are listening to your feedback, and changes will be made, but it will take time.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm out of town so a response may take some time, but I will respond.""""""

• Like 4

Situations like this is really hard to handle I see. Plain in simple if I was in real life and picking weed per say. And cops surrounded me, my life is more important and I would cooperate. But at same time I understand why they want to rp it out more and get a hostage. I have just noticed people on the server sometimes during cop interactions don't "value their lives" and just shoot a cop right away. Me personally in the game if I got pulled over by a cop I would want to rp the shit out of the situation and have fun. Excuse my language. But at the end of the day cops are law and people should try to abide by them. But at same time cops should follow laws and rules to. Everyone should! Just wanted to put my 2 cents in :).

• Like 1

i dont care if you in a cop station, if your alone and 10+ people all roll in with highpowered wepions you would lay on the ground and shut up. no one is john wayne in real life. you cant kill 10 automatics in ur face.. thats all i have to say. i guess only way to do somthing big in this server is to tell a cop b4 so they dont over react....

• Like 1

Think about it like this, if you were a cop in real life, and another vehicle hit your car and someone got out with a gun, would you just lay down your weapon and give up? I would say that person is not a very good cop, and it would make them appear to be pretty weak. Because of the timing of your demands, there was no way for them to know what it was that you were trying to do, or just how many people there were with you.

Unless I'm missing something, the demands were pretty simple. Did your cops listen to them? Fuck no they didn't. Also I agree with what Ted said. If they have a pistol to my face, what do you think I'm going to do? Go all John Wick on em or VALUE MY LIFE? If you guessed number 2, you win. I EMS on this server, I enjoy it i really do. After the events last night, I will have to rethink things.

• Like 2

also we get banned if we just started shooting cops which our orders were to not shoot any cops. all cops alive thats why we didnt run up shooting... easy to shoot you call medic hold both hostage... but thats not good rp.

we almost got banned last heist because we rammed a cop who was chasing our drug load... like i get rammed by cops all the time in chases but to ram a cope while helping drug truck get out is bannable

Edited by Ted London
  • Like 1

If one event is going to make you rethink things then you prob will never find a server. Every server has there hiccups and faults. Even servers where everyone knows each other and are close have problems. Instead of everyone just trying to help and talk things through everyone has just been on the attack. No one wants to budge and just wants to complain on discord. Why don't we just find a solution and move on instead of saying this and that about people. I think we all need to understand that the server is new and will only get better if we come together as a community.

• Like 2

All that had to happen was officers say, we got overwhelmed and reacted with force instead of all this bs.

Also i have a video of a cop teliporting after i shot a mac at him. dont know if was lag or not but that make RP lame when i kill someone and they somhow about 30 seconds from the spot long range shooting me.

i can cut the clip and show.

2 minutes ago, Ted London said:

All that had to happen was officers say, we got overwhelmed and reacted with force instead of all this bs.

Also i have a video of a cop teliporting after i shot a mac at him. dont know if was lag or not but that make RP lame when i kill someone and they somhow about 30 seconds from the spot long range shooting me.

i can cut the clip and show.

That's exactly what they did yet you guys cannot accept reasoning at this time. Speed took the time to explain our stance after we reviewed the evidence and both agreed before this post was created. If you do not like our position or the fact that we find this acceptable then you guys should really move to a different environment. The passive aggressive comments and snide remarks are toxic elements that we do not want in the community. I would much rather the people who cannot accept this ruling to move on and find something with rules better suited to what they are used to/want. We are backing the officers decision in that moment to use force to defend themselves and are working in the future to make adjustments to benefit both sides.

• Like 1

If one event is going to make you rethink things then you prob will never find a server,

i got vdm 4 times that day i lost 200k got rdm 2 times and all i do is help people and pay for there cars if they new unless im running a job.   all that happend and all they told me is you need to record.. i record and all we get is the videos taken down for slander.. thats why im pissed (start filming and posting, naaa delete that video its showing bad rp)

20 minutes ago, Ted London said:

i got vdm 4 times that day i lost 200k got rdm 2 times and all i do is help people and pay for there cars if they new unless im running a job.   all that happend and all they told me is you need to record.. i record and all we get is the videos taken down for slander.. thats why im pissed (start filming and posting, naaa delete that video its showing bad rp)

Its interesting because I do not see a player report from you. Our rules specifically state that videos in an attempt to show players in a negative light shall not be posted publicly. You are so adamant about rules being broken but you aren't following them yourself? The only persons word I am taking for a verbal account of an incident is speed. Or any moderator that we trust to bring on board. Other than that it turns into "he said/she said" and I'd end up banning the entire server on command every time someone felt like things didn't go their way. If you can't see both perspectives then you should just flat out leave rather than wasting your time and mine. We walked to middle ground and you're trying to pull and pull for your own gains without compromise.

• Like 2

I would like to point out most cops that enter an illegal drug field would probably have there firearms out or ready at least once your lead car came into the illegal area tore his door off I feel your intentions were to do bodily harm and a gun would have been on you they probably did not see 7 people all jump out at once I pretty sure 1 officer said get out of the truck as soon as I would have saw a gun I would have blasted your ass as they did not to mention you had No clue of the 3rd officer that took most of you out but then when ur laying dead you cry like babies which was fail rp from you guys. Every server has growing pains and when policy is in place things I'm sure will change it not like on one server the police spawn in weapons and cars at will for them and there crew not to mention having a medic in there back pocket to revive them when they get dropped maybe if things were so good on there server they wouldn't be here trying to bully half the server. So sorry I'm sure the community won't shed a tear if you decide to go cause it seems this server is not a good fit for you.

Edited by Thorgs

if the cop was still in the car when the other people hit him and had there guns out before he left his vehicle then i would think most departments irl policies would be to comply and hit there panic button on there duty belt that would immediately alert backup or key there radio so it would broadcast. but at the end of the day its the admins decision based on the evidence in hand and people need to remember its a game at the end of the day. we all get mad at situations that can be viewed either way in rp, instead of going ape shite on people in game or in discord or whatever take a break from the game for a few min and calm down then file a report if you think its worth doing. but at the end of the day the admins run/own the server they run it how they see fit if people dont like it go to a different one. I do enjoy watching a good salty argument ever now and then it can be comical but thats not what this server is about.

• Like 3

• speed locked this topic